This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently purchased a used ROG Avenger IV Formula with a CPU and graphics card

jdrolte
Star I

Upon arrival, the graphics card had been removed but the CPU with heat shield had not and the motherboard had a slight bow across the middle of the board I assume from the stress during shipment.  Upon assembling and attempting to start it the board developed a red illumination of a power trace, I assume, along the left of the board from almost the top to the bottom of the board.  The fans started OK in the case, but nothing else happened.  I could tested it with another power supply with the same results.

I have not gone further with my testing but am assuming one of the power traces has been damaged.  If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

jdrolte
Star I

I discovered what I had observed was actually a design that had been added by ASUS!  Now I am not understanding why the Debug LED stays a 00 when there is nothing appearing on my monitor when I start the machine,

Hello @jdrolte 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Could you please confirm if the motherboard model you are inquiring about is the RAMPAGE IV FORMULA and share any photos related to the suspected hardware issue?
Regarding the boot failure and the Q-code 00 error, on Intel platform motherboards, this code typically indicates a CPU error during the Power-On Self-Test.
We recommend referring to the [Motherboard] Common Q-CODE (Error CODE) and Troubleshooting guide to check for potential issues such as debris in the CPU socket, hardware malfunction, or bent pins, and cross-test with another CPU if necessary.
If this issue occurred shortly after purchase, we suggest contacting the place of purchase to check if after-sales support is needed.

Thank you.