This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DONT FLASH YOUR Z790 BOARD WITH NEW 1402 BIOS!!!

HTW44
Star I

Trashed my system. I was completely stable running 96GB of V-Color Mantis Prism X 7200Mhz DDR5, 13900KF, MSI SuprimX 4090 (Air), Open Loop, A beast. ROG Z790-E GAMING Wi-Fi Board. 1402 absolutely trashed my machine. I was even locking up IN THE BIOS!!!

Don't flash this bios. Stay at 1303. TRUST ME!!!!!

Asus royally screwed up.

2 REPLIES 2

HTW44
Star I

Wow, All of the complaints, %100 of the replies, NEGATIVE. Nobody can get your garbage coding to work. And you idiots still have 1402 up. Is there a language barrier?

the new 1402 bios for Z790 guys. Trash. Absolute garbage.

Hello, @HTW44 

May I ask what the purpose of updating the BIOS is?
For instance, which hardware component has been modified, or which specific manual adjustments within the BIOS are required?
Have you updated the Intel ME to the corresponding version in the BIOS?
The latest BIOS version, 1402 of the ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI, necessitates updating the Intel ME to version 16.1.30.2264.
Please provide the following information to help us better understand the issue:
- Images of the BIOS main page and the manually adjusted BIOS settings, and whether you cleared CMOS before making manual adjustments.
- the brand, model name, and part number of the currently installed DRAM
- the brand and model name of the GPU, SSD/HDD, and PSU currently in use
- the OS version and OS build
- Could you clarify what you mean by being "locked in BIOS"? 
Are there any security prompts or Q-LED indicator lights when you are unable to access the system?
- Please provide a comprehensive video recording of the issue, including the BIOS version displayed on the BIOS screen and an explanation of the situation when you can't access the system.

Thank you.