This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Boot detected on soft restarts

TheRealBMAX
Star I

I just bought and upgraded to the ROG Strix z690-e. On initial boot everything works fine.  Anytime I do a "soft restart", when the system doesn't completely shut down, the boot drive isn't seen and we go straight to BIOS. If I shut the system down completely problem is resolved. 

I have updated bios to the latest on asus website and updated all drivers, in addition I have also reseated the nvme drive multiple times to ensure proper install. Although based on the what I am seeing I don't think this is a hardware issue. Can't find anything online about this. Thank you all in advance 🙂

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @TheRealBMAX 

May I inquire about your current BIOS version?
Have you updated the Intel ME to the corresponding version in the BIOS? For instance, the latest BIOS version for the ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI is 2802, and it requires an Intel ME update to version 16.1.30.2264.
Could you kindly confirm whether you've set the Launch CSM option to "Enabled" within the BIOS?
We recommend that you verify the need for BIOS and Intel ME updates, enable CSM after clearing CMOS, and then reconfirm if this resolves the issue.

Thank you.