cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero WiFi PCIe Compatability

akurschner
Star I

Hello,

I am in the process of purchasing a ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero WiFi  and want to make sure it's PCIe slots will work the my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090) and my capture card ( Blackmagic Desgin Decklink Quad 2). The Decklink card is PCI Express 8 lane generation 3, compatible with 8 and 16 lane PCI Express slots.

From the motherboard tech specs it says the motherboard can support "2 x PCIe 5.0 x16 slots (support x16 or x8/x8 modes)**"  with the caveat being "** When ROG Hyper M.2 card is installed on PCIEX16(G5)_1, PCIEX16(G5)_2 will run x8 only and if ROG Hyper M.2 card is installed on PCIEX16(G5)_2, PCIEX16(G5)_1 will run x8 only."

Will my capture card a GPU work with this motherboard?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @akurschner 

The PCIEX16(G5)_1, PCIEX16(G5)_2, and PCIEX16(G4) three slots on the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO should be backward compatible with your required PCIE Gen3 specifications.
For more information related to ROG Hyper M.2, we recommend that you refer to the following two links:
Hyper M.2 x16 Card V2
[Motherboard] Compatibility of PCIE bifurcation between Hyper M.2 series Cards and Add-On Graphic Ca...

Thank you.