This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Manager Unknown Device

N6WT
Star I

I installed an Asus Prime Z790M-Plus in my new computer. I have installed all the drivers that are listed on the Driver & Tools page. I still have an unknown device showing in the Device Manager. How to fix it??

7 REPLIES 7

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @N6WT 

There can be several reasons for the appearance of unknown devices in Device Manager, such as hardware changes, the removal of external devices, or uninstalling or updating a device's driver, all of which may result in the device being displayed as an unknown device in Device Manager.
We recommend that you refer to the steps outlined in [Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - How to fix yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager for verification.

Thank you.

I have tried the steps mentioned in the link. The device is still showing as an unknown device. 

Hello, @N6WT 

Based on the description you provided, if you currently have no external devices connected and have followed the steps as mentioned but still encounter an unknown device as shown in the image you provided, we recommend you refer to "Unidentified Devices in Device Manager if the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility Hasn't Be..." and verify if it aligns with your issue.
Please also try the troubleshooting steps provided in that resource for further assistance if needed.

Thank you.

When I download the Intel Chipset Software Utility and run the file, it tells me I already have the software installed.  The Unknown Device is still present in the device manager.