CPU cooler: Came with chip
Ram: NVTEK 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-2666
SSD: Samsung 1Tb Not connected
GPU: None as am using Ryzen 5 5600G
PSU: ThermalTake Smart 500w New
Chassis: Asus: AP201
Monitor: Dell
All but the monitor is new.

I have a new build that has no video on any output jack.
I know the monitor and cord are OK because I plug it into my laptop and all is well.
When I turn it on, I get 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps which Is supposed to be memory issues
Have tried switching memory around per Asus and nothing helped.
Uploaded the latest bios twice, no help.
Checked the voltages of the PSU and all seemed to be fine.
Can the 1long and 2 shorts be indicative of something else?
Do I have incomparable memory?
Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @tom3holer 

Due to the ongoing local holidays in our area, my response time may experience delays.
I apologize for any inconvenience the delayed replies may have caused.

Based on your description, according to the instructions in "[Motherboard] How to use buzzer to troubleshoot monitor display issues," one long and two short beeps could indicate a memory abnormality.
We recommend confirming whether the currently installed memory is listed in the QVL for the PRIME B450M-A II and if it is installed in the recommended slots per the user manual.

Also, please avoid mixing different memory modules.
For more details, refer to the "Check purchasing and installation guide" under "Support" on the official motherboard website, specifically within "CPU/Memory Support" and "Memory/Device Support" or [Motherboard] How to query (CPU/memory) QVL List?

Thank you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @tom3holer 

Due to the ongoing local holidays in our area, my response time may experience delays.
I apologize for any inconvenience the delayed replies may have caused.

Based on your description, according to the instructions in "[Motherboard] How to use buzzer to troubleshoot monitor display issues," one long and two short beeps could indicate a memory abnormality.
We recommend confirming whether the currently installed memory is listed in the QVL for the PRIME B450M-A II and if it is installed in the recommended slots per the user manual.

Also, please avoid mixing different memory modules.
For more details, refer to the "Check purchasing and installation guide" under "Support" on the official motherboard website, specifically within "CPU/Memory Support" and "Memory/Device Support" or [Motherboard] How to query (CPU/memory) QVL List?

Thank you.