Star I
System: Windows 11, Firmware 311
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: 9400CEA; 2TB SSD; 32gb DDR4 RAM
Frequency of occurrence: Regularly
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:The advertised battery life is over 24 hrs, but even if I run minimal web applications & programs (like Internet Edge, Avast antivirus), I cannot work for more than 7.5 hrs before the battery is < 10%. I even turned off cloud programs like OneDrive & Dropbox, but without much improvement. I would be happy with even 12 hrs of battery, but actual battery life is a lot shorter than listed. Any advice?
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
tkhfung
  1. System: Windows 11, Firmware 311
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: 9400CEA; 2TB SSD; 32gb DDR4 RAM
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Regularly
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:The advertised battery life is over 24 hrs, but even if I run minimal web applications & programs (like Internet Edge, Avast antivirus), I cannot work for more than 7.5 hrs before the battery is < 10%. I even turned off cloud programs like OneDrive & Dropbox, but without much improvement. I would be happy with even 12 hrs of battery, but actual battery life is a lot shorter than listed. Any advice?

Expertbook B9400CEA Battery Life Shorter than Expected
@tkhfung
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the short battery life problem | Official Support | ASUS Glo...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

tkhfung
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/64535/expertbook-b9400cea-battery-life-shorter-than-expected

@tkhfung

Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043914/

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
@Falcon_ASUS Thank you. I've already tried all of those those battery saving settings.
But why would the battery life be so extraordinarily short < 8 hrs for a new laptop? (It has been this way from the beginning), when the advertisement is 16-24hr+?
What is the next step?
Thank you.

Falcon_ASUS
tkhfung

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/231312#Comment_231312

@Falcon_ASUS Thank you. I've already tried all of those those battery saving settings.

But why would the battery life be so extraordinarily short < 8 hrs for a new laptop? (It has been this way from the beginning), when the advertisement is 16-24hr+?

What is the next step?

Thank you.

View post
@tkhfung
You can refer to the following remarks.
ExpertBook B9 (B9400, 12th Gen Intel)|Laptops For Work|ASUS Global9. Battery tests conducted by ASUS in March, 2022 using the MobileMark® 2018 Office Productivity scenario. Battery life test configuration: Intel® Core™i5-1235U, 8 GB RAM, FHD display, 1 TB PCIe® 4.0 x4 SSD, 66 Whr. Test settings: WiFi enabled, BT off, the display brightness set to 200 cd/m2, NumberPad off, backlit keyboard off. Actual battery life may vary depending on product configuration, usage, operational conditions and power management settings. Battery life will decrease over the lifetime of the battery.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.