This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power master is killing apps without permission

Michał_Madeja
Star II
Hi there. I'm new in here, i have found few threads about the issue, but noone exacly have described it the way, that issue is happening at my device.

So first of all, thats my first Asus phone, and i really love it - this issue wont make me sell it 😉
Description:
I have installed Deezer app. I really like to listen the music, but in second-third track my playback is gone. I turn on screen just to see power master have stopped app draining battery - deezer. Ok. I tought i need to add Deezer to some exception list, so i have disabled battery optimisation for deezer, enabled Optiflex and choosed only deezer for fast start, enabled autostart for deezer in Power Master, disabled "block autostart for apps" ( i use Polish language, original version may differ in English), in saving battery options (still in power master) i disabled all 4 options (clean after display is off, detect apps that drain batterym block autostart of apps (this option is in 3 places in phone i disabled it everywhere), notification of draining battery), and finally i un-ticked "use battery manager" in android >settings >battery >adaptive battery. Nothing have worked, deezer is still killed after few minutes.

Any idea, how i could stop Power Manager from killing my apps? Deezer is one of 2 apps that PM have killed, one of them was some app i forgot to close before turning off display. All steps i have done and described above was done one by one, between each of them i was testing if it still happens.

Whats more interesting, after second kill, app is sometimes not killed.

Please, any advice is apreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Michał Madeja

Hi there. I'm new in here, i have found few threads about the issue, but noone exacly have described it the way, that issue is happening at my device.

So first of all, thats my first Asus phone, and i really love it - this issue wont make me sell it 😉

Description:

I have installed Deezer app. I really like to listen the music, but in second-third track my playback is gone. I turn on screen just to see power master have stopped app draining battery - deezer. Ok. I tought i need to add Deezer to some exception list, so i have disabled battery optimisation for deezer, enabled Optiflex and choosed only deezer for fast start, enabled autostart for deezer in Power Master, disabled "block autostart for apps" ( i use Polish language, original version may differ in English), in saving battery options (still in power master) i disabled all 4 options (clean after display is off, detect apps that drain batterym block autostart of apps (this option is in 3 places in phone i disabled it everywhere), notification of draining battery), and finally i un-ticked "use battery manager" in android >settings >battery >adaptive battery. Nothing have worked, deezer is still killed after few minutes.

Any idea, how i could stop Power Manager from killing my apps? Deezer is one of 2 apps that PM have killed, one of them was some app i forgot to close before turning off display. All steps i have done and described above was done one by one, between each of them i was testing if it still happens.

Whats more interesting, after second kill, app is sometimes not killed.

Please, any advice is apreciated.

Power master is killing apps without permission
Did you manage to solve your issue? It's not normal behaviour that Power master is killing deezer. It should only ask if you want to close it.

The_Wolf
Star I
Using Ymusic and I just started having the same issue. App is allowed by settings to play in background and Power Master terminates the app.

Could be from the last system update. Hope they patch it soon.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
The Wolf

Using Ymusic and I just started having the same issue. App is allowed by settings to play in background and Power Master terminates the app.

Could be from the last system update. Hope they patch it soon.

View post
Do you have clean apps in suspend option enabled? (It's present in mobile manager settings)
Plus check if this option is enabled:
screenshot-20200724-213458562.jpg
It's in settings>battery>detect battery draining apps
If it's enabled untick detect and stop option