This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 17.0240.2004.9 issues

Kali
Star II
Phone suddenly shuts down and takes multiple attempts to restart which occuers randomly.during charging it iver heats and shut down and again the restart cycle starts.the restarts are so random even with out any load on the device like during calling or whats app usage..does any one having the same issues
26 REPLIES 26

ronald1985
Community Legend I
For the remaining issue about the restart, can you guys try something out?
Everytime you unlock your phone, press on the Recent App button and then close all apps if you have got something in there before using your phone.
Do come back if you don't have any recent apps and it still keeps restarting.

Kali
Star II
mandalkunal5555

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94991#Comment_94991

Disabled it, will inform when improvement is noticed.

View post
Any improvement brother after disabling the digital well being

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Kali

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/95087#Comment_95087

Any improvement brother after disabling the digital well being

View post
Hey there is a test you can perform to check whether your device has any hardwares issues persisting even after your tweak ( disable wellbeing) OR
If you have doubts about the issue being still present. ( Screen blackout / random phone shutdown / reboot during charging issue)
Download 3D mark from app store and run the first test available with x mode on ( slingshot extreme if iam not wrong)
If your phone does not have hardware issue (the above mentioned issue) you will be able to complete test without any shutdowns.
Thank you

xmelv1976
Star I
screenshot-20200709-072536461.jpg
My battery usage going up and crazy after this update. Phone charge to 100% before sleep, after 6 hours, left only 55%.

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
xmelv1976

My battery usage going up and crazy after this update. Phone charge to 100% before sleep, after 6 hours, left only 55%.

View post
Try to do a factory reset and check.
If the issue still remains after factory reset then try to recalibrate your battery
To recalibrate battery, charge your phone to 100% without interruption.
then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off).
charge it to 100% in switched off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time.
now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when ASUS logo appears.
keep the phone unused for 5 mins.
you will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated.
If still this issue remains then visit to nearest Asus service center.
Thanks!