This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 17.0240.2004.9 issues

Kali
Star II
Phone suddenly shuts down and takes multiple attempts to restart which occuers randomly.during charging it iver heats and shut down and again the restart cycle starts.the restarts are so random even with out any load on the device like during calling or whats app usage..does any one having the same issues
26 REPLIES 26

mandalkunal5555
Rising Star II
Okay so these are some of the issues that I was facing with 17.0240.2004.9
1. Right trigger not working properly
2. Overheating
3. Ping kept fluctuating
4. Earpiece made crackling noises while on call
5. Battery drain

Kali
Star II
mandalkunal5555

Okay so these are some of the issues that I was facing with 17.0240.2004.9

1. Right trigger not working properly

2. Overheating

3. Ping kept fluctuating

4. Earpiece made crackling noises while on call

5. Battery drain

View post
Yeah i too got these and the update firmware is missing from the website.and the tech team is not responding..they are saying its hardware issue..but it all started after a10 update

mandalkunal5555
Rising Star II
Kali

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/93698#Comment_93698

Yeah i too got these and the update firmware is missing from the website.and the tech team is not responding..they are saying its hardware issue..but it all started after a10 update

View post
I regret buying this piece of shit everyday. Asus, either fix our problems or give us our money back. Should've just bought OP8.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Kali

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/93698#Comment_93698

View post
For this firmware, I remember it came from FOTA and I have never seen it on the Downloads page.
Personally, I haven't had any issues yet with the latest version 17.0240.2004.9.
Apart from the trigger issue you're having, the others can be overloading of the phone and interference. I guess what I would suggest for now is to remove any apps one by one to see if it helps your situation.
I appreciate it might not work for your problem, but this is part of the investigation and I guess it can save you going to the Service Centre if you find out the issue before hand.
I have seen on other threads that Service Centre will reset your device to factory settings, so before you do go to a Service Repair centre, ensure to give that a try first.

mandalkunal5555
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/93700#Comment_93700

For this firmware, I remember it came from FOTA and I have never seen it on the Downloads page.

Personally, I haven't had any issues yet with the latest version 17.0240.2004.9.

Apart from the trigger issue you're having, the others can be overloading of the phone and interference. I guess what I would suggest for now is to remove any apps one by one to see if it helps your situation.

I appreciate it might not work for your problem, but this is part of the investigation and I guess it can save you going to the Service Centre if you find out the issue before hand.

I have seen on other threads that Service Centre will reset your device to factory settings, so before you do go to a Service Repair centre, ensure to give that a try first.

View post
I have tried doing that too but the problems eventually always come back. I have factory restored my phone at least 16 times by now and I have tried literally every possible tweak.