This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook Pro Duo loose trackpad and grainy screen?

prototype1981
Star I
System: Zenbook Pro Duo UX581GV
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence: Constant
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video: not allowed to post
========================
Detailed description:

Just got the Pro Duo and it's lovely, albeit hefty.
However there are two things which immediately annoy me. 
Touchpad - position etc is fine, but the pad feels loose towards the bottom. It has gotten to be really annoying in the past 24 hours when scrolling and double tapping etc. Is this normal?
Also the grainy screen - I thought this was just something to expect but on Amazon, ASUS have left a comment on one user's review specifically about the grain:
"Sorry for the issue on your unit(s), however, our records show we have now rectified the issue and we hope you enjoy the ZenBook Pro Duo. If you do experience any further issues, please contact our ASUS support who will happy can assist you further."
So it makes me think that the issue should not be there. 
Any Pro Duo users out there please can you help. 
Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

prototype1981
Star I
Just wanted to post a better video as the first video doesn't show what is annoying about this issue. Please look at the video titled '2'.
You can hear how much the trackpad moves and the sound it makes when tapping. It's really annoying and off-putting when you use it.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Hmm, so you're not clicking, just touching it and it make that noise? If that's so, something is wrong. Mine doesn't make any noise when tapping on it without putting pressure to do clicks.
Regarding the grainy screen, it's a well know issue. There was a thread here with tens of comments, but It's gone.
There are other manufactures that have the same issue. Do a search on HP Spectre 13 QHD grainy screen. I cannot post full links in comments.
Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-13-QHD-faulty-grainy-display/td-p/6913348
The issue is that beneath the screen, there lies the touchscreen mesh. Both Asus Pro Duo and HP Spectre 13 QHD use the exact same display from Samsung.

prototype1981
Star I
Liviu

Hmm, so you're not clicking, just touching it and it make that noise? If that's so, something is wrong. Mine doesn't make any noise when tapping on it without putting pressure to do clicks.

Regarding the grainy screen, it's a well know issue. There was a thread here with tens of comments, but It's gone.

There are other manufactures that have the same issue. Do a search on HP Spectre 13 QHD grainy screen. I cannot post full links in comments.

Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-13-QHD-faulty-grainy-display/td-p/6913348

View post
Thanks for your help! Yes I see it can be an issue with others too. It's just really annoying when you have a 4K screen for clarity and have grain on it.
The trackpad sound is just from tapping and no clicking yes 🙂

Liviu
Rising Star II
You should definitely send it to your local Asus service center to have a look at it. Mine is robust but I haven't use it at all as I use a mouse, but It may be an issue if it goes that loose with time.
There are quite few issues with this laptop that we try to solve here with the Asus staff. The webcam isn't great either for a +3000 Euros laptop. Besides the gray lines and green flickers, the quality is grainy as well, and other software issues.

prototype1981
Star I
Liviu

You should definitely send it to your local Asus service center to have a look at it. Mine is robust but I haven't use it at all as I use a mouse, but It may be an issue if it goes that loose with time.

There are quite few issues with this laptop that we try to solve here with the Asus staff. The webcam isn't great either for a +3000 Euros laptop. Besides the gray lines and green flickers, the quality is grainy as well, and other software issues.

View post
Yes I couldn't believe the webcam is 720p. And no SD card slot is crazy to me when it is aimed at content creators.