This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 - RGB back LED Aura lighting not working for notification

Hi everyone.
I have a problem with RGB back light with notification:
I set the LED to blink as a notification appears, but most of the times it doesn't work.
However, with the notification still unread, if I press the power button to turn the screen on and then I press it again to turn it off, the back LED start blinking as it should.
I want it to start blinking immediatly with a new notification, the way it works now has no purpose.
I think it could be a software bug.
Any fix? Is it a common bug?
3 REPLIES 3

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
We're aware of this behavior and are looking in to it. This is (at least in part) caused by how Android classifies notifications. Some notifications (messages for example) will trigger the back LED immediately while others will not.

amitpaul1994
Star III
jacopo.galimberti

Hi everyone.

I have a problem with RGB back light with notification:

I set the LED to blink as a notification appears, but most of the times it doesn't work.

However, with the notification still unread, if I press the power button to turn the screen on and then I press it again to turn it off, the back LED start blinking as it should.

I want it to start blinking immediatly with a new notification, the way it works now has no purpose.

I think it could be a software bug.

Any fix? Is it a common bug?

Rog Phone 2 - RGB back LED Aura lighting not working for notification
how you are using rgb led at the first place ? are u using lighting case..... the first thing i wonder why we cannot use rgb led? without the case

ronald1985
Community Legend I
amitpaul1994

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29855/rog-phone-2-rgb-back-led-aura-lighting-not-working-for-...

how you are using rgb led at the first place ? are u using lighting case..... the first thing i wonder why we cannot use rgb led? without the case

View post
I have answered your question in the other thread. Do respond back in the other thread to see if it helps.