This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition

So I was planning to buy the rog phone 2 strix edition here in the Philippines but I have read so much issues about the rog phone 2 in general. May I please ask for your opinions if it's a good buy or will I just be wasting money for a faulty device?
Thanks ahead
64 REPLIES 64

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89879#Comment_89879

It says alot, when you say "Dont mind my comments but i hate when someone opposes me."

Would it makes sense if I tell you your phone does not take in 500mbps? If you have other devices too, that's another chunk taken out of your speed dude.

Everything that you add on to the device adds up to memory and cpu consumption. So back to the luxury racing car, the lighter it is the faster it is right? Try putting in a fridge, a vault, a kitchen sink - let see if you can go quick???

View post
Firstly my network is located in my room and only 3 devices are connected currently because my family is out and out of those 3 only my mobile is currently connected. I am also using a gaming router so there is less delay between switching connections. Secondly i know my mobile only uses 10mbps or 15 mbps but its got a whole 500mbps to itself so there is no way my network would be the issue. Anyways i am done explaining to you mate. I am moving on and hopefully you will move on too.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89765#Comment_89765

For gaming?

For gaming go for OnePlus, iphone, samsung flagship series.

For normal usage go for redmi (cheaper).

View post
OnePlus touch latency is ultra meh
Their audio latency is big F (150 ms for 7pro / 80-90 ms for 8pro on OOS is a joke 😂)
Plus OOS is riddled with various issues to hell with their crap open beta/stable channels
They didn't even bother implementing a proper one handed mode or lockscreen blur art
Gcam development is meh as camera api restriction (you need fricking root for accessing wide angle lens and to add font too)
Their gaming mode (fnatic or something is barebones af all you get is a call and notification blocker plus you can trigger in between games like you do with game genie)
Zen UI has some pretty neat features that OOS doesn't have for eg: audiowizard,game genie, scheduled charging etc
I've compared Zen UI to OOS and I'd say I wasn't impressed with what OOS had to offer it's overrated af and once you get a OnePlus phone you'll see it has bugs too and how OP rarely listens to it's community to add new features etc
If you can afford the Samsung flagships good for you (70k+)
Redmi is again a Chinese meme with memeui

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89877#Comment_89877

Those comments i made were when i was angry because my phone froze 2 times in a row without any reason. I got worked up and started to talk shit but now i am chill. Now i see you mentioning me is like salt on burns. Stop posting comments and i will stop too 🙂 i explained him that this phone is not good and he got my point. I called you up to get a beef because you were asking for it. Anyways you go in with your life i go on with mine.

View post
Ohk I see don't mind my above comment then lol 👀
Every OEM has issues no point ranting about someone
Well forums are meant to rant but still I guess you get the point

ronald1985
Community Legend I

Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89884#Comment_89884

Firstly my network is located in my room and only 3 devices are connected currently because my family is out and out of those 3 only my mobile is currently connected. I am also using a gaming router so there is less delay between switching connections. Secondly i know my mobile only uses 10mbps or 15 mbps but its got a whole 500mbps to itself so there is no way my network would be the issue. Anyways i am done explaining to you mate. I am moving on and hopefully you will move on too.

View post
But have you measured what is coming from your router to your phone 😂? That's my point, you have a big massive router taking in the data from outside, but your phone takes in a tiny 10, 15 mpbs. Simple physics - a large bucket of water, but you have a small tube to transfer the water to another bucket, the longer the delay you get the water from that bucket to another. That's is your lag. Because your lag is causing you not to receive all the things you need to render a screen, that's what makes it stuttering.
Do you get lag playing Candy Crush? If not getting the lag, then your phone is taking in too much data that it cannot handle. Therefore, that is why PC is always good for gaming.

Not applicable
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89771#Comment_89771

OnePlus touch latency is ultra meh

Their audio latency is big F (150 ms for 7pro / 80-90 ms for 8pro on OOS is a joke 😂)

Plus OOS is riddled with various issues to hell with their crap open beta/stable channels

They didn't even bother implementing a proper one handed mode or lockscreen blur art

Gcam development is meh as camera api restriction (you need fricking root for accessing wide angle lens and to add font too)

If you can afford the Samsung flagships good for you (70k+)

Redmi is again a Chinese meme with memeui

View post
True about redmi but their budget phone are 10k rs which is super cheap. I mentioned cheap because they are budget phones your expectations are always low. Talking about oneplus, i still have oneplus 6 and trust me i have used the recording feature and pubg and the delay was nothing like rog 2. Rog delay while recording is on other level. Talking about ui i like rog ui as a gamer but freezing is the thing which troubles me and trust me i never had freezing issue in an old oneplus device such as oneplus 6