Star I
System: Windows 10 Home
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX331UN
Frequency of occurrence: All the time
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: Hi, I've just received back my notebook from the Service Centre and was told that the motherboard was changed. I then brought it back to test, and so I went to reset the PC via the OS itself (I verified with one of the staff and he told me it was okay to do so). I proceeded to leave it on to download overnight until I realize the download did not progress as the notebook had went into sleep mode. I then went to change the sleep settings by putting the sleep to "Never" , and screen to "1 minute" to verify if the display off function is working. After a minute, the notebook went into sleep mode instead of only turning the screen off. I have also tried using the hotkeys "Fn + F7" to turn my display off, but it still goes into sleep mode. I eventually called the Service Centre and highlighted the issue, only to be told that it could be a software issue, which requires me to pay should I proceed on with the repair. They advised me to reformat the OS using an USB flash drive instead of directly reformatting my PC using the OS as it could be corrupted. I have yet to try it out as I'm having doubts as to whether this would work. I've tried to look for solutions online ,but to no avail. If anyone has any insights or is familiar with this issue, I would appreciate your help. Thanks!
28 REPLIES 28

ekarpicz
Star III
Hi @Blake_ASUS,
Thanks for Microsoft doc. OK, what about this:
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/display--sleep--and-hibernate-idle-timers
Turn off the display:
On a modern standby system:
When this time-out occurs, the display immediately turns off. ***However, the system continues to run and all applications continue to operate normally as if the display was powered on.*
Display turn off timer behavior according to this doc is identical to "On a traditional PC". My desktop with 300 series chipset and with Modern standby enabled confirms this behavior. It doesn't switch from display off to sleep immediately. This allows me to keep downloading big file from display off state or keep compiling whole Linux distribution in VM, again from display off state.
Regards,
Edward

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
ekarpicz

Hi @Blake_ASUS,

Thanks for Microsoft doc. OK, what about this:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/display--sleep--and-hibernate-idle-timers

Turn off the display:

On a modern standby system:

When this time-out occurs, the display immediately turns off. ***However, the system continues to run and all applications continue to operate normally as if the display was powered on.*

Display turn off timer behavior according to this doc is identical to "On a traditional PC". My desktop with 300 series chipset and with Modern standby enabled confirms this behavior. It doesn't switch from display off to sleep immediately. This allows me to keep downloading big file from display off state or keep compiling whole Linux distribution in VM, again from display off state.

Regards,

Edward

View post
If you have further question with modern standby on your desktop, please kindly consult Microsoft.
Thank you.

ekarpicz
Star III
@Blake_ASUS,
I don't have questions for Microsoft, only for Asus. Windows is certainly fain and ZenBook display off is broken.
Thank you
Edward

Red0X
Star II
I have also issue with waking up from standby. Sometimes my laptop just won't wake. Leds are blinking, screen is black but no wakeup by pressing any key.

I also find very annoying the fact that I cannot switch my integrated monitor off with F7