This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redish tint shift when switching from 60 to 90hz or 120hz

Carlo_G
Rising Star I
Hi i noticed a redish tint shift when switching from 60hz to 90h or 120hz . I noticed this when i have a dark gray background . It's normal color dark gray when on 60hz but when i try to switch to 90hz it becomes redish and to 120hz again it will little worst the redish tint. Any solution with this? Thankyou very much.
12 REPLIES 12

Carlo_G
Rising Star I
Thanks now i know . I also use oneplus 7 pro , and i didn't notice this red tint issues at all only on dark lockscreen. I hope Asus do something with this with software updates like make a color adjustment to Grey colors when switching higher refresh rates

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Carlo G

Yes i just saw it with other comments , they say it has something to do with OLED panels pushing higher refresh rate. Minor solution is up the phone's brightness . It annoys me because I'm comfortable with 30+ brightness . But it's all good. I hope they can manage to fix or do something in future updates.

View post
All Asus gave us was excuses that even other brand's OLEDS have this, mean while my old LG V30 with OLED and my friend's Samsung with AMOLED has zero issues. Asus has red tint even at 60hz. Asus just swept entire issue under the rug and kept calm. They're just trying to convince that this is OLEDs shortcoming even though a lot of other OLED phones are fine.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
kchinnavigneshraja

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86000#Comment_86000

All Asus gave us was excuses that even other brand's OLEDS have this, mean while my old LG V30 with OLED and my friend's Samsung with AMOLED has zero issues. Asus has red tint even at 60hz. Asus just swept entire issue under the rug and kept calm. They're just trying to convince that this is OLEDs shortcoming even though a lot of other OLED phones are fine.

View post
*High refresh rate panels bruh
Last time I checked v30 had an 60hz display
Just read OnePlus's response 😂
First they said it's an software issue we'll issue an fota then they backtracked and said it's "characteristic property of OLED" (which it is)
Then they issued an so called fota all which did was have pure dark UI elements (just like Rog) they had grey UI elements before
Cos tint is more noticeable in grey areas
Tint,color shift/uniformity/burn in, these all are the downsides of an OLED just read up on the tech
You get popping colors,deep blacks at the cost of those
It's all organic individual pixels after all
It won't be solved till a new tech comes (micro led for instance can be a viable alternative but still it's a long shot for now)

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86041#Comment_86041

*High refresh rate panels bruh

Last time I checked v30 had an 60hz display

Just read OnePlus's response 😂

First they said it's an software issue we'll issue an fota then they backtracked and said it's "characteristic property of OLED" (which it is)

Then they issued an so called fota all which did was have pure dark UI elements (just like Rog) they had grey UI elements before

Cos tint is more noticeable in grey areas

Tint,color shift/uniformity/burn in, these all are the downsides of an OLED just read up on the tech

You get popping colors,deep blacks at the cost of those

It's all organic individual pixels after all

It won't be solved till a new tech comes (micro led for instance can be a viable alternative but still it's a long shot for now)

View post
Which part of " Asus has red tint even at 60hz " did you miss bruh? Atleast they (OnePlus) tried addressing with changing grey areas into black. Asus had been dead silent for a long time until it went out of hands.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
kchinnavigneshraja

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86044#Comment_86044

Which part of " Asus has red tint even at 60hz " did you miss bruh? Atleast they (OnePlus) tried addressing with changing grey areas into black. Asus had been dead silent for a long time until it went out of hands.

View post
Asus has been using black UI areas after A10 update
+ Rog has themes just apply a dark theme
Yeah tint is present at 60hz too as high hz panels are calibrated that way
60hz will have tint too but less compared to let's say 90 or 120