This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

alaintankc
Star I
I aslo hot same problem, while playing game suddenly freeze and auto restart,now the phone is auto restart while idling about 2 minutes idle then phone will auto restart but keep on playing the phone won't auto restart, air trigger also while press hot vibrate but didn't function can't use air trigger to active X-mode, auto-rotate is not functioning... I did factory reset now also same still keep on auto restart while phone is idle. Asus Please help to solve this.

alaintankc
Star I
alaintankc

I aslo hot same problem, while playing game suddenly freeze and auto restart,now the phone is auto restart while idling about 2 minutes idle then phone will auto restart but keep on playing the phone won't auto restart, air trigger also while press hot vibrate but didn't function can't use air trigger to active X-mode, auto-rotate is not functioning... I did factory reset now also same still keep on auto restart while phone is idle. Asus Please help to solve this.

View post
I also got*.... (Typo)

FiREPLAY
Rising Star I
Hello @Anders_ASUS I've been told you're the mod to talk to about this,
So my device first started having issues where it would random reboot and freeze and shutdown completely, soon after frequent 2-3 reboots and freezes everyday it died on 29th April 2020. It had similar issues in the month of Feb 2020 where they replaced my motherboard, I have the RMA number for that and this makes it the 2nd malfunctioning of the device.
Now the problem is I've been without a working device for more than 20 days, due to lockdown no service centers aren't open here in the city, delivery services are running fine, have exchanged emails with ASUS Customer service for the past 20 days with all the details, video of the device being dead, build number, etc, ASUS has been denying any kind of service and is telling me everytime to wait which I definitely can't, I'm freaking frustrated!!
So lets read this again, I am without a working device for more than 20 days now , service centers aren't open in the city, lockdown won't be over anytime soon, my studies and work is on halt. I'm sending this message & emails through someone else's phone, i have been in contact with ASUS through this person's number and yes ofcourse they give me the same reason every freaking time, denying any kind of service. It seriously sucks to be in this situation!
I'm stuck and feeling helpless!!! Help me out!!!

borloloy89
Star I
I'm really disappointed choosing this rog 2 i thought this phone is a beast but fucking not! Republic of gg!

jhoi_belista
Star II
@Anders_ASUS can you also provide me the tool so we can check? I had the same problem with my ROG 2 phone.