This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the Last update of Asus Rog 2 heating of phone has gone haywire.

amitpaul1994
Star III
Android 9 was not smooth thanks to android 10 everything is very smooth now..... but it came at a heavy cost..... battery drain and heating issue.... i used to play pubg at ultra settings and my temprature was used to go max 44°c but after A10 update in same settings it going till 49° so i made setting to medium and now temperature came to 37-39° c but again after last update at medium its going to 45 °c ..... i dont understand what is the benifit of purchasing a gaming phone if i have to play a game in lowest of settings.please fix the temperature control.
26 REPLIES 26

amitpaul1994
Star III
Anders_ASUS

You may all share some detail about

1. What's the ambient temperature when your device reach this system temperature?
  2. Which game are you playing
  3. What settings do you have in the game
  4. What settings do you have in Armoury Crate
  5. For how long do you need to play to reach this temperature
  6. Are you charging while you play the game

View post
Let me clear it out few issue for you.
After having video call in whatsapp your audio gets bassy and after restart of phone it fixed.
any game playing in 90fps or 120fps with default armoury settings get the heating to 44-46 normally.
even pubg with 60fps takes the temperature to 44 normally or more.
listening music in speaker with any game increase the temperature by 2-4° everytime.
even playing games in loudspeaker makes temperature rise by 2-4°. If we cannot play a game in loudspeaker then what is the benifit of front firing speakers.
I have noticed some lag after upgrading to 2002.32 and its the same after upgrade to 2002.60 ...to be honest my screen froze for 3-4 seconds while i was typing this. dont know the reason when and what conditions but it happens and very random and intermittent. things freeze for few seconds and every backs to normal then in few seconds.
Hope the temperature issue gets fixed in next update. because thats the biggest pain right now.
Battery life is awesome when not playing games.around 11 hours of continues video play and consumed 60-70 percent battery. so hats off for that.
but with games it has degraded as compare to A9. previously i was able to play nearly 5 hours and now its 3-4 hours.
Regards,
Amit Paul.

amitpaul1994
Star III
Anders_ASUS

You may all share some detail about

1. What's the ambient temperature when your device reach this system temperature?
  2. Which game are you playing
  3. What settings do you have in the game
  4. What settings do you have in Armoury Crate
  5. For how long do you need to play to reach this temperature
  6. Are you charging while you play the game

View post
updating after few hour of gaming in 2002.60 latest update released on 12 may 2020..... it might have brought back the gaming experience to its old glory..... heating has reduced after the last update..... pubg in its maximum settings only heating upto 44 now like it was in A9 previously and other game like injustice2 in 120hz is now stick around 40° so its a improvement....will give another review after few days of playing games in hot weather condition to check heat dispersel as i played in night and normal temperature.

mayurkothiya12
Star III
Same issue after update you can feel heat on side metal border....i am playing pubg in air conditioner still i can feel frame metal heat... playing HD extreme no change in armory create

OPC
Zen Master II
amitpaul1994

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/75916#Comment_75916

Let me clear it out few issue for you.

After having video call in whatsapp your audio gets bassy and after restart of phone it fixed.

any game playing in 90fps or 120fps with default armoury settings get the heating to 44-46 normally.

even pubg with 60fps takes the temperature to 44 normally or more.

listening music in speaker with any game increase the temperature by 2-4° everytime.

even playing games in loudspeaker makes temperature rise by 2-4°. If we cannot play a game in loudspeaker then what is the benifit of front firing speakers.

I have noticed some lag after upgrading to 2002.32 and its the same after upgrade to 2002.60 ...to be honest my screen froze for 3-4 seconds while i was typing this. dont know the reason when and what conditions but it happens and very random and intermittent. things freeze for few seconds and every backs to normal then in few seconds.

Hope the temperature issue gets fixed in next update. because thats the biggest pain right now.

Battery life is awesome when not playing games.around 11 hours of continues video play and consumed 60-70 percent battery. so hats off for that.

but with games it has degraded as compare to A9. previously i was able to play nearly 5 hours and now its 3-4 hours.

Regards,

Amit Paul.

View post
Freezing when typing it's a bug of Chrome. I solve it by closing the keyboard (arrow facing down in the bottom left corner in the screenshot)
Y6RPSNJEQ69Q.jpg

hamleyrawat
Star I
When will heating issue of asus rog phone 2 solve.Give an another update which lower the heating issue.