Did you mean: 

Zenfone6 main camera focus issue

lawrence_foreve
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
  1. Model Name: zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: 16.1220.1906.174
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always, since a few days ago after updated the firmware
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The main camera can only focus on certain length, all other distance becomes blur. Happens to photo and video, however the wide angle camera seems not affected.

24 REPLIES 24

mafaldapr
Star II
VS-KR

Go in manual mode and move the AF slide.

No effect at all ?

View post
not really as you can see in these two images. one is a screenshot so you can see the manual specs and other the photo.
IQ441H12IV4L.jpg
E2CXJ9UP8EKL.jpg

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mafaldapr

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/71917#Comment_71917

Hello kikoly,

my smartphone is Zenfone6 (ZS630KL) and i'm taking the following photo with the main camera.

The thumb is now about 20 cm far away from the phone. Still not focusing the thumb even with AF or with me clicking in screen to focus. Any idea?

I has the Zenfone 3 Deluxe and it was perfect to focus in close-up. The Zenfone6's cam is being compared to iPhone11 or XS but i think this is a big issue 😕

MM0Q81K74DZN.jpg

View post
What if you focus on your keyboard 20cm away from the camera. Is everything in or out of focus?

lawrence_foreve
Star II
My issue was fixed by bringing the phone to customer service center (was still in warranty)

mafaldapr
Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/72076#Comment_72076

What if you focus on your keyboard 20cm away from the camera. Is everything in or out of focus?

View post
Here's one taken about 20cm and other taken about ~35cm. Big difference. huh? The focus doesn't work, you can't see nothing moving while focusing. Did i answered to your question, @Anders_ASUS ? 😕

20cm:
WB69MF4PE8Q7.jpg
~35cm:
4US2PTPERQUG.jpg

mafaldapr
Star II
You think it's an issue in software? [in "System info" (compilation number)]
or hardware?