This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 Display broke inside with no physical damage at all.

Prashantmalik49
Star II
I bought this phone on 31st December 2019. Everything was going great gaming experience was good and I was totally happy with my phone until 2 days before when suddenly my phone screen touch stopped working, I was unable to understand the issue and reason behind it then my screen started turning bluer and bluer then, So I switched off the phone because of nervousness and then later in when I tried starting it the whole screen was blacked out. I could have hear only phone restart sound but screen was complete black. Later I noticed a small break inside the screen although there is no physical damage in outer part of phone not even a Scratch I was using silicon case with my phone. So I contacted Asus customer care and told them regarding my issue on that they said there should be no damage and breakage only then they could repair it under warranty otherwise you would have to pay for the screen which is around 16000 INR. Which is really shocking for me. I'll be charged for the manufacturer or technical error while still in warranty. I had really good faith on Asus company and its products but after whatever have happened with me recently is really drastic experience. I would never be able to purchase any of the Asus product and would definitely leave 1 star review over amazon and other websites and would also explain my terrible experience with this phone and Asus customer care.
15 REPLIES 15

Shubhojit
Rising Star II
As there is no physical damage you won't be charged just take it to service center , one of my friend had the same issue they replaced the screen for free

प_रद_प
Star II
Did you saw any damage from inside the display panel

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
"So I contacted Asus customer care and told them regarding my issue on that they said there should be no damage and breakage only then they could repair it under warranty otherwise you would have to pay for the screen which is around 16000 INR."
That's the standard warranty. If the phone had a defect, ASUS will fix it under warranty. If the repair center finds accidental damage that led to the panel failure, ASUS will not fix it under warranty. If you haven't dropped it, you should have nothing to worry about.
Have you taken the phone to a service center yet? It sounds like Support has given you options for a repair, even if it is found to be accidental damage.

Prashantmalik49
Star II
प्रदीप

Did you saw any damage from inside the display panel

View post
Yes there is a small crack inside display