This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It has only been a month that i bought rog phone 2 and my battery has started draining so fast.

ananrai169
Star II
After I bought rog phone 2 from flipkart in India battery was good for almost 2 weeks. Then the battery started to show abnormal drainage. After a month of use the battery of 6000mah doesn't even lasts for 3 hours of playing games. This battery of Asus rog phone 2 feels like 3000 mah rather than of 6000 mah. I think many like me has started facing this issue in this phone. I hope Asus will look into this issue asap and fix this drainage issue is next update.
26 REPLIES 26

ananrai169
Star II
6KA58VT6PTQP.jpg
Why it's showing only half the capacity I have had used this phone only for one month

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
When you only charge 33% then AccuBattery is guessing at best. You need to go below 20% and preferably below 10% and all the way up to 100% to get a proper estimation. The more full charges it has to base its data on, the more accurate it will be but it will still be nothing more than an estimation.
Please tell me what it says when you have almost depleted the battery and charged it to 100%

Mvarun
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

When you only charge 33% then AccuBattery is guessing at best. You need to go below 20% and preferably below 10% and all the way up to 100% to get a proper estimation. The more full charges it has to base its data on, the more accurate it will be but it will still be nothing more than an estimation.

Please tell me what it says when you have almost depleted the battery and charged it to 100%

View post
W5E3QNVQ74W5.jpg
Why does mine say it's 88% health? I got it at end of Oct last year.

ananrai169
Star II
I had uninstalled accubattery and installed again and it is the result.before 1 week I charged like u said and measured the result was the same as this. I will send u images after I do it again .

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Mvarun

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/44183#Comment_44183

W5E3QNVQ74W5.jpg

Why does mine say it's 88% health? I got it at end of Oct last year.

View post
I don't know. We've discussed AccuBattery a lot and our conclusion is that it's not always accurate. The problem is that the data it uses, comes from the app itself. A battery isn't digital so the energy will be slightly different from day to day. It's very complex to calculate the consumption so it will never be more than an estimate. Even the battery stats in Android system leaves a lot to desire.
I guess the only way to know how well your battery health is, is to perform a battery test and compare that to someone who thinks their phone has a healthy battery. How you perform this test is up to you but it's important that both phones are tested in the same way.
I'd recommend PCMark Work 2.0 battery life test with flight mode active, 60Hz and 50% brightness. The good thing with this app is that it record your time even if the phone dies