This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG PHONE 3 DISCUSSIONS

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
u know guys i love having Asus rog 2 except for some draw backs here and there. This is the best phone out there at best price at my point of view. NOW AS 2020 HAS BEGUN LETS DISCUSS ABOUT HOW ROG PHONE 3 MIGHT BE :-
My expectations:-
1. It must contain latest Snapdragon 865 processor
2. Contains adreno 650 GPU
3. Must contain Dolby vision
4. Addition of Dolby audio would be better than dtsx
5. FLUID AMOLED IS BETTER THAN AMOLED.IT WOULD BE BETTER IF U ADD THIS.
6. I have Seen a majour improvement in camera from rog 1 to rog 2. But it's not enough compared to other flagships. PLS MAKE THE CAMERA OF ROG 3 BEST OF BEST . everyone will love it if it's cameras are improved.
7. This UI is better but in future we need more updates
8. It might contain 144hz display.
9. Give us more more finger print animations.
10. 8gb / 256 gb varient should be made available
11. Rog 2 looks are excellent don't make majour changes .
THATS IT FOR ME I GUSS . COMMENT BELOW WHAT FEATURES U GUYS LIKE ROG 3 TO HAVE.

62 REPLIES 62

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
OPC

My suggestions to Asus regarding Rog 3. Keep this beautiful and functional design and improve specs: better screen with same resolution, add Dolby Vision together with HDR+, add Dolby Atmos together with DtsX, absolutely keep headphone jack for our audiophile headphones, make the headphone jack also a mic in jack, maybe add a one class better DAC, add the option to balance sound left/right, optimise camera software (existing sensors are great, 4K videos played on my LG C9 4K 55" screen are broadcast quality) and add optical zoom, maybe add a telephoto camera (but not at the cost of replacing wide angle), polish UI in general to have less bugs, add more functionality to Armoury Crate (recording simultaneously mic and in-phone sound, more services/platforms to stream to, more options to organise games, more options for notifications lightning) and most important, provide global VoLTE and VoWiFi support.

View post
How should all of these things fit inside?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
OPC

My suggestions to Asus regarding Rog 3. Keep this beautiful and functional design and improve specs: better screen with same resolution, add Dolby Vision together with HDR+, add Dolby Atmos together with DtsX, absolutely keep headphone jack for our audiophile headphones, make the headphone jack also a mic in jack, maybe add a one class better DAC, add the option to balance sound left/right, optimise camera software (existing sensors are great, 4K videos played on my LG C9 4K 55" screen are broadcast quality) and add optical zoom, maybe add a telephoto camera (but not at the cost of replacing wide angle), polish UI in general to have less bugs, add more functionality to Armoury Crate (recording simultaneously mic and in-phone sound, more services/platforms to stream to, more options to organise games, more options for notifications lightning) and most important, provide global VoLTE and VoWiFi support.

View post
Dolby and DTS on one phone ?
OEMs need to license whatever audio ports they are using imo and it's more of a marketing thing on the side on DTS/Dolby too
I don't see any scenario whee either of DTS/Dolby agree to license their audio ports on one phone + it's costly for OEMs to get the licensing done
DTS headphone X/ultra found in Asus phones are already great,you get tons of customisation options and a custom equiliser
The dac is fine I guess (only LG has superior ESS dacs in the market and they cost a ton)
The sound balance you talk about (left/right) can be achieved by third party audio apps (Poweramp, blackplayerex) both are renowned audio players
On paper the specs looks great but I'm reality i don't think that's possible (it would either be too costly or those stuff won't fit inside the "phone")

julienvd93
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41767#Comment_41767

How should all of these things fit inside?

View post
A bit of spit comes a long way.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
julienvd93

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41781#Comment_41781

A bit of spit comes a long way.

View post
You probably meant "A bit of spit goes a long way", but I kind of like that version too haha.

OPC
Zen Master II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41767#Comment_41767

Dolby and DTS on one phone ?

OEMs need to license whatever audio ports they are using imo and it's more of a marketing thing on the side on DTS/Dolby too

I don't see any scenario whee either of DTS/Dolby agree to license their audio ports on one phone + it's costly for OEMs to get the licensing done

DTS headphone X/ultra found in Asus phones are already great,you get tons of customisation options and a custom equiliser

The dac is fine I guess (only LG has superior ESS dacs in the market and they cost a ton)

The sound balance you talk about (left/right) can be achieved by third party audio apps (Poweramp, blackplayerex) both are renowned audio players

On paper the specs looks great but I'm reality i don't think that's possible (it would either be too costly or those stuff won't fit inside the "phone")

View post
This is just my wish list! LG is exactly at what I was aiming for and together with Rog 2 in my opinion the best phone at the moment. I love the sound of Rog 2 but I would include all protocols to make the phone future proof for streaming all content on Netflix, Amazon, Rakuten etc. With a pair of high quality headphones that would be a charm. I use Poweramp already the same as I use FilmicPro for video but I would prefer it to have the balaince slider in the audio wizard. So we are free to dream aren't we.