This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display freezes

philclear
Star II
At random, at least I did not observed yet a pattern leading to the display frozen. I am running my thumb like a crazy cat on a slippery surface without getting any result I simply reboot. It is extremely annoying, almost claustrophobic.
Is there some advice , trick, settings I could use or is it a defective display. Thank you
10 REPLIES 10

_jis_
Zen Master III

philclear

At random, at least I did not observed yet a pattern leading to the display frozen. I am running my thumb like a crazy cat on a slippery surface without getting any result I simply reboot. It is extremely annoying, almost claustrophobic.

Is there some advice , trick, settings I could use or is it a defective display. Thank you

Display freezes
Have you changed any settings in Developer options?

_jis_
Zen Master III
@philclear Have you identified the cause of your problem? Did you solve it?

philclear
Star II
No Changes of settings in the developer options. sometimes if I wait two or three minutes, which now days is a long time, it will finally respond. It would be then a ram problem but I have 8GBs! Would that be a bad gestion of the memory?

Kamil
Rising Star I
philclear

No Changes of settings in the developer options. sometimes if I wait two or three minutes, which now days is a long time, it will finally respond. It would be then a ram problem but I have 8GBs! Would that be a bad gestion of the memory?

View post
iam not an expert but after all of this
Kamil

Hey, I am on the last android 10 update but my phone 8/256 GB version behave more like 6 GB i mean ram usage is around 5,5 GB top (70%show in system developer options) and then the phone starts killing apps. Is this normal? I have usage of ram over 90 % on my older phone.?

Ofc I turn off all power management and optiflex for test that out but get same results.

Another issue Switching between apps is smooth and quick but after turn screen off for some time switching between apps gets laggy almost as apps get loaded from swap memory not ram oO.

I don't know how it was on android 9 because i update the system and do the format right out the box.

8gb ram multitasking
adarshso761
I want to know that you are going too fix the Ram management problem or not
Ram management and heating issue
Kamil

So I have another thread open but it is kinda messy and its mainly about not so great and bugged multitasking and ram usage.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/15003/8gb-ram-multitasking

But here i wanna ask you guys if you have any problems with apps are getting killed overnight. Usually, when i wake up I have 3-4 apps open in recents from over 20+ when I am going to sleep. It is strange because even if I lost all these apps from memory i don't get much ram free after, still looks like apps are there in ram usage but all of them are reopening when I try them. Problem stays the same no matter what i trunf off or on.

Now i have like adaptive battery off, force autostart stop off, killing apps after scren off - OFF, i turn on autostart on all apps and literally any option to save battery I just turn off or on and test it.

I test all of it on android 10 lats update and last android 9.

Does anyone have similar problems to me? Maybe I am miss something? ?

Killing apps overnight

Yep, it could be ram leak is it the same when you restart the phone lest say once per day? 

philclear
Star II
Right now that is what i have to do for it to go smoothly. It is not fast by any means but i do not have to wait.