Ram management and heating issue

adarshso761adarshso761 Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6
I want to know that you are going too fix the Ram management problem or not

Comments

• Hi! What phone, what RAM management problem?
  • BipinBipin Level 1
    Hi! What phone, what RAM management problem?
    It's related to Zenfone 6. I am facing the same issue the Ram usage is almost 6.5 out of 7.9. that's pretty high not even started with any games or other apps. I am not able to figure out, how to ease the usage of the Ram.
  • You can't compare RAM management with how it works on a PC. Try and load a couple of apps/games and switch between them. If you notice that the phone has restarted certain apps, only then do you have a RAM problem. 

• Hi Asus, that is exactly I think what he is referring to. I am also facing apps in memory restarting issue. COuld you please respond to this?
  • BipinBipin Level 1
    Yes. this is one of the issue that i am facing, what Ms. Sreekiran is talking about.
    Even compared to the other phone that  i am using....... i definately dont want to mention the brand name in this forum, the ram optimization , the usage is way much less to my Asus Zenfone 6z that i am using, i am sure that there are many users facing the same issue.
    and Lastly definitely i wouldn't compare a pc, to a mobile,
  • Can you please tell me more in detail which apps you have running in the background and which apps that are restarting?
  • From what I have noticed, only about 2 to 3 apps remain in memory while the rest reload everytime. And these are not too RAM intensive - like FB lite, Asus calc etc. I guess a 6 to 8 GB ram phone should be able to handle it.

• i think the amount of free ram is very low which causes it. i have already mentioned the same in the list of issues. 
    https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/7046/call-quality-on-asus-zenfone-6z-zenfone-6#latest
  • ZT-674dfc00ZT-674dfc00 Level 1
    edited July 2019
    Follow these steps:

Go to setting>battery>power master.

Inside power master window go to power master settings.

Toggle off the marked setting.

Go back>go to auto-start manager, under preloaded apps tab, toggle off 'all apps' switch and then toggle it back on (all preloaded apps will be autostarted after later steps).

Repeat the above steps under downloaded apps tab (all downloaded apps will be autostarted after next step) .

Restart the device. After restart, don't forget to check the ram usage and throw some cpu, gpu intensive load or play some graphics heavy games like pubg etc at max settings and check temperatures, open some apps and multi task. The performance, battery life, temperatures will be far better than before, see for youself....??
    It is a zen UI related bug, overiding and denying android OS permission to autostart and manage apps in the background which adversely affect the device performance, battery life, temperatures etc....

Note: auto-started apps in the background will be cleared from the ram by android itself after use.

IF SOMEONE IS ABLE TO GET THIS INFORMATION TO ASUS TEAM'S NOTICE, IT WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED, So they could fix all the bugs in the later software updates hopefully.....?.
  • KameshKamesh Level 2
    Asus you should look at the thermal bug the temperature was rising before but after following  the steps provided by [email protected]
    Now the temp doesn't cross 50°C here is a screen shot of thermals before fix and after fix 
    Before fix -
    After fix and running an antutu test -

• Sure will try this and get back with my thoughts. Many thanks!
  • ZT-674dfc00ZT-674dfc00 Level 1
    edited July 2019
    Think about it, that's a an advanced 7nm latest Snapdragon 855 inside it, that's the smallest die size available right now on arm devices, so they should be pretty power efficient and at the same time they should output lower thermals, just look at the specs, everything latest and greatest, but Lack of proper software optimisation ruined some of the amazing performance the device could have showcased..........

ASUS really needs to concentrate on software optimisation, rival's are excelling in software optimisation.....BUT AGAIN THUMBS UP? FOR KEEPING IT NEAR TO STOCK ANDROID.

Hope my tweaking was helpful for all 6z  guys..
    Spread it to 6z users,help them.

An Android ONE ?

• BipinBipin Level 1
    Can you please tell me more in detail which apps you have running in the background and which apps that are restarting?
    YES I DID FACE WHEN I HAVE I AM RUNNING THESE APP, NETFLEX , HOTSTAR, FILE M,ANAGER, WHATSPP,MOBILE MANAGER, SETTING, CROME,
    FILE MANAGER FAILED TO OPEN, HOTSTAR RESTARTED, CROME ONCE IT RESTARTED, SECOND TIME IT OPENED, AND THE REST WERE GOOD.
  • Bipin said:
    Can you please tell me more in detail which apps you have running in the background and which apps that are restarting?
    YES I DID FACE WHEN I HAVE I AM RUNNING THESE APP, NETFLEX , HOTSTAR, FILE M,ANAGER, WHATSPP,MOBILE MANAGER, SETTING, CROME,
    FILE MANAGER FAILED TO OPEN, HOTSTAR RESTARTED, CROME ONCE IT RESTARTED, SECOND TIME IT OPENED, AND THE REST WERE GOOD.
    Look above comments
  • After trying out the method Alan John suggested, I must say the heating has reduced but only by a bit. However, the app restarts are still persistent.

• Thanks! I will feed back to our developers and see what is really happening
  • Thanks Anders. Love the work you guys have done. Needs some ironing is all.
  • Sreekiran said:
    After trying out the method Alan John suggested, I must say the heating has reduced but only by a bit. However, the app restarts are still persistent.

Factory reset your device
  • My device is brand new...so I am guessing it shouldn't be that. But will see for a few more days with the method you have suggested and revert back with findings.
  • KameshKamesh Level 2

Sreekiran said:
    After trying out the method Alan John suggested, I must say the heating has reduced but only by a bit. However, the app restarts are still persistent.

Factory reset your device
    After trying the alan john method yes i thought that cpu heating reduced but now it's again rising usually touches 55-60°C. There is a lot of thermal issue asus should look into this matter. While charging also the device Cpu heats up touching 52°C.
This discussion has been closed.