This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choppy Bluetooth Audio after Several Hours of Playback

komali_2
Star I

I live in a loud place, so I wear comfortable headphones playing white noise at night. Depending on my mood, I'll use several apps for this: Headspace, White Noise, Rollify, Youtube, Spotify, etc. 

This has worked fine on a pixel 4a, 4a5g, 5, galaxy zfold 3. Now, on my Asus ZenFone 9, after a few hours, the audio will begin to cut in and out, regardless of the app. So for example, the sound of rain will stop playing, then start playing, or, an audiobook will stop playing, and then re-start playing from a new location as if it had been playing the whole time. 

I believe this is an issue with some kind of battery optimization happening to a bluetooth service. 

Things I have tried to do to fix this, which have not fixed this:

For each app, I've gone to Settings > Apps > {app name} > Battery , and selected "Manage battery usage > Unrestricted." 

Under Settings > Apps, I've selected "show system," and then set "Manage battery usage > unrestricted" for any system app conceivably related to bluetooth, including "Bluetooth,"  "com.qualcomm.qitl.btdsda," "Bluetooth MIDI Service." I've done the same for any audio, sound, or headphones related apps, including "AudioWizard" and "Headphones." 

Under settings > battery > detect battery-draining apps, I've deselected "Automatically stop battery-draining apps once detected."

Under settings > battery, I've disabled "background app management."

Any tips for new things I can try? 

1 REPLY 1

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @komali_2,

Can you please share the log for the issue?

1. Go to the calculator app, and enter ".19595+=" to enable the log tool
  2. Select the Bluetooth log under Generate
  3. Reproduce the issue "Choppy Bluetooth Audio after several hours of playback"
  4. Finish and share the Bluetooth log from the log tool.
  5. Enter".09595+=" in the calculator app to disable the log tool

Before disabling the log tool, a silent notification will tell you once the logging process is complete. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with me via PM. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.