This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Android Auto and the ROG 2, help!

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
Hey what's up!
So I'm having a hard time using my phone while connected to my car running Android Auto. What happens is that when I lock the phone and unlock it to check a new message or do something on it, the screen gets completely unresponsive to any touch. It's annoying cause that obligates me to unplug the phone from the car's stereo.
What's going on? This never happened to me with my old phone.
Thanks in advance!
6 REPLIES 6

OPC
Zen Master II
I have it connected with my car over Bluetooth, not cable. There are no problems.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
OPC

I have it connected with my car over Bluetooth, not cable. There are no problems.

View post
Lucky one. My car's stereo doesn't support Android Auto wirelessly (via Bluetooth) 😞

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
gonzaaa.92

Hey what's up!

So I'm having a hard time using my phone while connected to my car running Android Auto. What happens is that when I lock the phone and unlock it to check a new message or do something on it, the screen gets completely unresponsive to any touch. It's annoying cause that obligates me to unplug the phone from the car's stereo.

What's going on? This never happened to me with my old phone.

Thanks in advance!

Problem with Android Auto and the ROG 2, help!
Apologies for the late response. I'd like to log your phone. We have been seeing alot of Android Auto Bluetooth complaints lately. I'll send you a PM with instructions if you are comfortable with performing a log.

anthonws
Star II
Similar thread that I opened yesterday: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/14114/bug-screen-unresponsive-when-connected-to-car-head-uni...
@LP_ASUS , I'll try to collect the logs tomorrow.