This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 2 notifications delayed or none existent.

EmpireSA
Star II
Hi all I've had my Rog phone 2 for about a month now and I've noticed a few problems with it.
1. Notifications - little or none existent, the notifications come through very slow or not at all. I read that you have to go into battery settings and auto start master. However I'm not convinced that has fixed it. If I connect to WiFi my notifications start rolling in. I've never had a problem with notifications, something a cheap smart phone can manage instant alerts, but this phone seems to drag. I was really excited about this phone and would like to get this problem fixed asap.
2. The space-bar - writing messages whilst typing fast, I occasionally press the smiley face icon left of the space-bar and during the texting war would send all kinds of .gif moving images and it's really annoying. Perhaps moving from IPhone to this Asus android phone a little different but the space bar is so small! Not ideal for my sausage fingers but wondering if I can get it adjusted or download another keyboard.
That's all I have for now, appreciate if someone can guide me in the right direction as I use this phone for work and instant notifications are a must.
13 REPLIES 13

EmpireSA
Star II
Hi Vaxaviv I did all that and it's still not working I got this when I called #*#426#*#
See attached.
Maybe I should change the sim card but never had any problem with my previous phone.

vaxaviv
Star II
EmpireSA

Hi Vaxaviv I did all that and it's still not working I got this when I called #*#426#*#

See attached.

XDFAR0GRVA53.jpg

Maybe I should change the sim card but never had any problem with my previous phone.

View post
There is another possibility, you have the tencent edition device with WW rom but the fingerprint is still configured on CN
If you want to test it download an app called "Device Info HW" from the play store and check under "system" the fingerprint field.
That also happened to me because I bought my phone from bangood and they installed the WW rom without changing the fingerprint version, I heard on xda this can cause the issue.
If this is your problem let me know and I will help you to fix it.

EmpireSA
Star II
I did what you said and i've screenshot if that means anything to you.

vaxaviv
Star II
EmpireSA

YSTHPRF83S7K.jpg

View post
Yes, CN fingerprint...
You need to change the fingerprint to WW.
Is a bit complicated and in not sure if I can link something from xda forums here but there is a guide there on how to do it without root and without unlocking the firmware.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
EmpireSA

YSTHPRF83S7K.jpg

View post
Ahh, you have a Tencent edition phone. That makes things a lot more complicated. Refer to the sticky for more info. vaxaviv's advice is also relevant, but I can't provide official advice on how to change the country code unfortunately.