This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support for hd streaming in amazon prime video and netflix

surajprasad87
Star III
please provide support for full hd streaming in amazon prime video and netflix. all other phone in this price range support this basic function but asus 6z does not. what is the use of widevine l1 when ur not able to use it. it is dissapointing.
32 REPLIES 32

sivamani242
Rising Star I
Asus customer care people clearly said that asus 6z doesnot support Amazon prime full hd format,
From Amazon clearly said in which phones Amazon apps are pre installed those only support full hd format ,

mastervishikh
Rising Star I
I contacted Amazon prime technical support team for the issue, and they said Asus has to do some patenting security rights with Google to get all the necessary certifications during manufacturing only, which they didn't do. The next step would be for Asus to whitelist their device for Full HD viewing and send a request to Prime Video for the same.
(See screenshot, para 4 and 5)
@Anders_ASUS Please confirm that the Asus team has atleast initiated the Requests needed for HD streaming on Prime. 6Z and ROG2 are your flagship which should be your top priority.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
mastervishikh

2W17YY6L6N7I.jpg

I contacted Amazon prime technical support team for the issue, and they said Asus has to do some patenting security rights with Google to get all the necessary certifications during manufacturing only, which they didn't do. The next step would be for Asus to whitelist their device for Full HD viewing and send a request to Prime Video for the same.

(See screenshot, para 4 and 5)

@Anders_ASUS Please confirm that the Asus team has atleast initiated the Requests needed for HD streaming on Prime. 6Z and ROG2 are your flagship which should be your top priority.

View post
Also 5Z is in the list of flagships dnt forget?

paras0710
Rising Star II
alexalbert03

Any update for this ? 1080p support for prime and netflix.

View post
Netflix start working in 1080p i tested test pattern video before it was 720 only. Dont know if HDR is working or not as i downgrade from 4k Netflix plan.

alexalbert03
Rising Star I
@paras0710 What about amazon prime?