This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge the Asus Rog Phone 2 without the "fast charging" feature. Is it possible?

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
Hi!
Because of several research I made on the internet, I found that fast charging your phone is not good for the lifespam of the battery. I cannot quote the reasons since I'm no expert on the matter, but the conclusion I reached was basically that one.
So starting from the premise that what I concluded is correct, I wanted to know if there's an option on the settings to turn fast charging off so that I can healthily charge my phone at night when I don't need any fast chargin process going on. Is that possible? If yes is the answer, how can I do it?
Thanks in advance.
15 REPLIES 15

Daulat
Rising Star II
Well use a slow charger and your research is true fast charging degrades the battery

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
17daulat

Well use a slow charger and your research is true fast charging degrades the battery

View post
I know but I wanted to avoid that haha. Thanks for your confirmation.

OPC
Zen Master II
gonzaaa.92

Hi!

Because of several research I made on the internet, I found that fast charging your phone is not good for the lifespam of the battery. I cannot quote the reasons since I'm no expert on the matter, but the conclusion I reached was basically that one.

So starting from the premise that what I concluded is correct, I wanted to know if there's an option on the settings to turn fast charging off so that I can healthily charge my phone at night when I don't need any fast chargin process going on. Is that possible? If yes is the answer, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Charge the Asus Rog Phone 2 without the "fast charging" feature. Is it possible?
Go to settings, power master, battery care, and set up the time over night whe you want the phone to charge slower. I have set it to terminate at 7am as I wake at 6.30. So the phone is still not 100% charged when I wake up.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
OPC

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13854/charge-the-asus-rog-phone-2-without-the-fast-charging-f...

Go to settings, power master, battery care, and set up the time over night whe you want the phone to charge slower. I have set it to terminate at 7am as I wake at 6.30. So the phone is still not 100% charged when I wake up.

View post
Oh interesting.... I have some questions if you don't mind:
With a large enaugh interval of time, the battery should be fully-charged?
What happends if I set the interval to be all day long (from 0:00 to 23:59)?
How does using the phone while charging affect the battery?
Thats all. Thank you!