This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE Not working with air tel sim India

bgsetty
Star II
https://www.airtel.in/volte/ to check VOLTE Compatible Handsets.
Airtel : We would like to inform you that, your handset (Asus I001DE) is not enrolled for VOLTE service.
Firmware version of ASUS ROG Phone II (ZS660KL) is WW-16.0631.1910.44_0

23 REPLIES 23

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
This Topic has been discussed before and VoLTE has not been enabled in many countries and not just India.
penguinsquad

Will the ROG II Ultimate include Band 71? Its almost a requirement for T-Mobiles future network roll outs this coming year.

Also will there be support for T-Mobile VoLTE this time around?

Original ROG Owner

[Clarified] ROG II Ultimate Band 71 and VoLTE T-Mobile?
waynewarrior78@gmail.com

Hello,

I know this topic has been discussed before, but no proper solution has been offered. In the USA, the 3 major carriers are Verizon, ATT, and TMobile. In 2020, Verizon is shutting down 3g (CDMA) and ATT is starting to shut their 3G down as well. TMobile appears to be retaining some of their 3G infrastructure, but will be limiting available bandwidth as well as ceasing to expand the 3G network further.

With this said, TMobile allows for unlocked phones (Pixel, Nubia Red Magic) to function with VoLTE, thus the carrier appears to be working with manufacturers. ATT and Verizon want all their new activations to be on LTE as their networks are shutting down.

This $900 phone (ROG 2) will no longer function as a phone in the USA without VoLTE very shortly. I understand WiFi calling and certain bands are difficult to obtain, but without VoLTE on any carrier, this phone simply will not work. This is extremely worrying for customers who may not realize the importance of VoLTE and find themselves unable to make calls.

I know it is a 2 way street, but there has to be a way to get VoLTE working atleast on TMobile. XDA, Reddit, and this forum have numerous individuals requesting this necessary feature. Sales are most definitely hurting because of the lack of VoLTE.

Please allow the community to continue to use the phone by getting the proper certs in place. I feel if we are willing to support your brand new $900 phone, we should in the very least get basic voice functionality.

Thank you for your time,

Edward

VoLTE
Attempting to Enable VoLTE

Shubhojit
Rising Star II
0XWZUV1TSKFI.jpg
There is a trick to get it working

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Shubhojit

0XWZUV1TSKFI.jpg

There is a trick to get it working

View post
Can you share how to do it please ?
Thanks

Shubhojit
Rising Star II
Put your sim in one of the supported handsets from airtel.in/volte then call customer care about volte not available once you see volte in the supported device remove it from that device and put that in your device .
You will see volte
@bgsetty See this method