This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 5z Astrophotography

dpstar7582
Rising Star II
Just tried Astrophotography mode yesterday on Gcam v7.2.14 and the results are amazing!
RAW+ Lightroom
1st image: SS:25, ISO:43
2nd image: SS: 24, ISO:44
G7LT4B6WW7ZK.jpg
EHEKELWISZ1B.jpg
I'll make a guide with Gcam v6.2.030 (for pie)and v7.2.14 (for Android 10) and post soon.
Hey moderators please make separate thread for 5z?
36 REPLIES 36

dpstar7582
Rising Star II
No night mode on 5z? no problem?

sankesh
Star III
dpstar7582

5KI815522894.jpg

Astrophotography mode with light trails.

SS: 24

ISO: 43

Many stars??

View post
How do get such effect?...I am a 6z user but currently 6z has a lot of camera issues!!1....5z has a upper hand in camera as of now!!!

dpstar7582
Rising Star II
sankesh

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/31141#Comment_31141

How do get such effect?...I am a 6z user but currently 6z has a lot of camera issues!!1....5z has a upper hand in camera as of now!!!

View post
It's a light trails. You'll get such effects when shutter speed is more than 20sec.
Use any Gcam v7.0.09 for 6z most of the versions have developer options. Go to that option and search "tripod" and "extended" enable these two settings and restart the camera switch to Nightsight. You need tripod. Keep focus far and time 3s then capture.
Do note that v7 sometimes doesn't trigger Astrophotography mode.

sankesh
Star III
dpstar7582

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/31845#Comment_31845

It's a light trails. You'll get such effects when shutter speed is more than 20sec.

Use any Gcam v7.0.09 for 6z most of the versions have developer options. Go to that option and search "tripod" and "extended" enable these two settings and restart the camera switch to Nightsight. You need tripod. Keep focus far and time 3s then capture.

Do note that v7 sometimes doesn't trigger Astrophotography mode.

View post
thanks!

jogimena
Star II
MTVWCZ3UKMHX.jpeg
Here's one of mine. I use pro mode on the default camera app. The original photo is completely washed out so i edited the brightness in Snapseed.