This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6z camera is worse than 5z after updates(w/ proof)

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
6z daylight.jpg
5z daylight .jpg
6z night mode scene 1.jpg
6z night mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto mode scene 1.jpg
5z auto mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto scene 3.jpg
5z auto scene 4.jpg
6z night mode scene 3.jpg
6z night mode scene 4.jpg
@Anders_ASUS hey
There has been a lot of complaints about camera performance lately and gcam is also not supported right now , worst of them all stock camera performance has reduced with updates!! If lot of people are complaining about cameras at the same time , there must be a reason right?
I'm an ex-5z user and upgraded to 6z hoping for better results , but its worse...
I know that asus is not google and comparing with google is unfair , you yourself had told us that . But what about comparing with your own phones? I compared to last year's zenfone 5z with the 6z and results aren't even comparable in lowlight , even in daylight 5z seems to have better colors and exposure control...
Don't trust me? I've attached documents of different conditions..
Lowlight comparisons were done with night mode in 6z and auto mode in 5z , i used night mode in 6z since it doesn't have ois and 5z might get an unfair advantage... But night mode is supposed to compensate for ois right? U guys yourself have told that in an old post..
See the results for yourself.. comparison done with your own previous year phone and not with any expensive flagship or pixel , for reference 5z is selling for half the price of 6z now for 128gb variant..
See the attached docs and do the needful , dont vanish on me 😛
Thanks
51 REPLIES 51

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Bumping this topic because it has some great evidences and well raised concerns

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Bumping it again please Some mod answer

prashanth
Rising Star II
gunmanrishi

Inspite of reaching out on social media and here asus team just doesn't want accept the fact that the camera is messed up with no support for Google camera. The stock camera has gone from a flagship level to a mid range level but all asus cares about is organizing fan meets with Geeky Ranjit. I thought you guys gave a bunch of phones to Dev's to get custom rom support which never came out. Earlier atleast we were able to use the gcam now thanks to you guys that also doesn't work. I have paid for a premium device but thanks to you guys who are making it average day by day. Thank you for conning your users.

Asus does not care at all
The mods answer is in this discussion,check it out and then state your concerns if any

evnchn
Rising Star II
prashanth

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13171/asus-does-not-care-at-all

The mods answer is in this discussion,check it out and then state your concerns if any

View post
Well, having an answer is different from having a meaningful answer. The tldr for all mods comments for now is, "GCam nor ours/'unfair' comparison/work in progress/nothing wrong". Is that meaningful? You'll be the judge.

prashanth
Rising Star II
evnchn

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/30413#Comment_30413

Well, having an answer is different from having a meaningful answer. The tldr for all mods comments for now is, "GCam nor ours/'unfair' comparison/work in progress/nothing wrong". Is that meaningful? You'll be the judge.

View post
It's not like we can do much can we?...we made our point and they started testing
We screaming in this forum isn't gonna help isit....we just have to wait while somebody does the work and presents it to us