This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus does not care at all

gunmanrishi
Star II
Inspite of reaching out on social media and here asus team just doesn't want accept the fact that the camera is messed up with no support for Google camera. The stock camera has gone from a flagship level to a mid range level but all asus cares about is organizing fan meets with Geeky Ranjit. I thought you guys gave a bunch of phones to Dev's to get custom rom support which never came out. Earlier atleast we were able to use the gcam now thanks to you guys that also doesn't work. I have paid for a premium device but thanks to you guys who are making it average day by day. Thank you for conning your users.
63 REPLIES 63

prashanth
Rising Star II
gunmanrishi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/29059#Comment_29059

Thats the whole point here. Since there was tons of vendor issues in android 10 beta we understood why certain things were not working but now when they claim that the vendor issues are resolved how is the camera gone from a flagship to bad. There is a whole comparison we have of zf 5z and 6z and zf 5z on auto has more dynamic range in a night shot than the 6z night mode.

HC4NR3W0YQRD.jpg

XAMTK7TACHB7.jpg

Check this images and you will get it why we are trying to make a point here.

View post
I see your point

prashanth
Rising Star II
Photos in artificial light are not atthe expected level

gunmanrishi
Star II
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS are you guys going to give a camera update since we have provided enough instances here and comparisons between 5z and 6z. I want to know what is asus going to do about it. Please don't post a generic comment. We have paid hell lot for this device.

evnchn
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

It has to be emphasized that we have nothing to do with Gcam. You can't expect it to always run perfectly because it's not a supported software. It's all up to the port developers to make it work when they feel like it. We haven't blocked anything and we're not allowed to actively trying to make this software work with our phones. It has to be done by people who have nothing to do with our organization.

The comparisons between our software and Googles are not fair. Everyone know that Google are the best when it comes to camera software for phones. It would be much more interesting to see comparisons to similar prized phones, both running stock camera software. Then we may talk.

If you want to find out how to run a stable GCam on your ZenFone 6 with Android 10, then you need to talk to the port developers. I know that it works. It's all i can say.

View post
Read the whole thing, would you?
I know that other manufacturers are stepping over the legal line to help GCam ports, those manufacturers are based in China where copyright rule is like air and I get that ASUS can't afford to get into legal trouble. This is something I understand, but...
I would like to remind to you that breaking GCam with Android update with no good reason is like updating Python from 3.7 to 3.7.1 with no major feature changes and suddenly all the libraries won't work and Python rep comes out saying that the libraries are not made by Python so no support. A good example of software upgrade done well is Python 2 to 3. Sure, as in this GCam situation, thing are not backwards compatible, like print 1 in Python 2 and print(1) in Python 3. Python never ported one library from 2 to 3, but the are not crossing their arms doing nothing and defending with their mouth.
Let's compare Python 2 to 3 with ASUS Android 9 to 10 (in terms of GCam situation), don't mind if I point out the facts.
Feature upgrades: Python Yes ASUS No
Software that is broken: Python third-party ASUS third-party
Software that was fixed by first party: Python none ASUS none
Saying it is not their fault: Python No ASUS Yes
Breaking backwards compatibility without warning: Python No ASUS Yes
Summary | Feeling of end user: Python Good ASUS Not-so-good
(Feel free to argue that this is not the case besides GCam. This shows the split personalities towards first-party stuff and third-party stuff)
Telling us that GCam excels than stock camera so it is not a fair comparison, so compare with other phones with stock camera is like if Python breaks matplotlib in updates then says of course matplotlib plots better graph with inbuilt print() function so should compare Python's print() with C's println()
May we now compare Python with ASUS once again to drive my point home
Third-party software superior to first-party: Python Yes ASUS Yes
Allow the use of third-party software: Python Yes ASUS Tacitly-no
Blaming the comparison for not fair: Python No ASUS Yes
(I am a hobbyist programmer in Python and C, and if you don't know the terms wiki them. I believe only making such analogies can we make the mods realize how they must change to have a better image in everyone's eyes, after all, a mod commenting with the content basically a GTFO will certainly not be a good sign. I am always open for further discussion / debates.)

gunmanrishi
Star II
evnchn

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28972#Comment_28972

Read the whole thing, would you?

I know that other manufacturers are stepping over the legal line to help GCam ports, those manufacturers are based in China where copyright rule is like air and I get that ASUS can't afford to get into legal trouble. This is something I understand, but...

I would like to remind to you that breaking GCam with Android update with no good reason is like updating Python from 3.7 to 3.7.1 with no major feature changes and suddenly all the libraries won't work and Python rep comes out saying that the libraries are not made by Python so no support. A good example of software upgrade done well is Python 2 to 3. Sure, as in this GCam situation, thing are not backwards compatible, like print 1 in Python 2 and print(1) in Python 3. Python never ported one library from 2 to 3, but the are not crossing their arms doing nothing and defending with their mouth.

Let's compare Python 2 to 3 with ASUS Android 9 to 10 (in terms of GCam situation), don't mind if I point out the facts.

Feature upgrades: Python Yes ASUS No

Software that is broken: Python third-party ASUS third-party

Software that was fixed by first party: Python none ASUS none

Saying it is not their fault: Python No ASUS Yes

Breaking backwards compatibility without warning: Python No ASUS Yes

(Feel free to argue that this is not the case besides GCam. This shows the split personalities towards first-party stuff and third-party stuff)

Telling us that GCam excels than stock camera so it is not a fair comparison, so compare with other phones with stock camera is like if Python breaks matplotlib in updates then says of course matplotlib plots better graph with inbuilt print() function so should compare Python's print() with C's println()

May we now compare Python with ASUS once again to drive my point home

Third-party software superior to first-party: Python Yes ASUS Yes

Allow the use of third-party software: Python Yes ASUS Tacitly-no

Blaming the comparison for not fair: Python No ASUS Yes

(I am a hobbyist programmer in Python and C, and if you don't know the terms wiki them. I believe only making such analogies can we make the mods realize how they must change to have a better image in everyone's eyes, after all, a mod commenting with the content basically a GTFO will certainly not be a good sign. I am always open for further discussion / debates.)

View post
Buddy thank you for coming out and supporting us. It seems us raising a question has hurt their ego. They were in a dreamland thinking the devices priced with 6z don't have a good camera. Reality check @Anders_ASUS even a $110 dollar phone from realme has a better dynamic range and mind you i am comparing 6z with a device which is priced quarter of the price of 6z. If you can keep your ego aside and help in resolving this situation it would be helpful. #dontkillagreatdevice