Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Red tint issue on my Rog 2

ag_954gupta
Star III
IA5YE60FWGSK.jpg
E9IGMQ0U9GR1.jpg
I recently received the Rog 2 Indian unit, and while tinkering with the brightness I found something weird, that is if I set the brightness from 0-50% the dark grey Colors (like the ones used in google apps for dark mode, and the dark grey color used in the notification bar of the Rog if the system theme is set to dark)
The dark grey Colors at lower brightness (i.e from 0-50%) seems to be reddish.
Below I have attached two pics, take of the Rog 2.

The app used was inshorts (in its dark mode) the one with dark grey color is the real color of the app seen above 50% brightness and the other reddish tint is seen from 0% brightness.
P.s it's not the wallpaper or any specific app it happens with any wallpaper, any app which uses the dark grey color(like google photos, Goole play store dark etc.)  and it can be seen at lower brightness. The thing was very hard to click on camera but I still clicked it.

It's something similar to the S8 red tint and the pixel blue tint.
Yes, in the Rog telegram group I did find another person who has the same issue and hence it seems like a fault from Asus.
Also I tried reaching Asus but as usual they aren't replying.
216 REPLIES 216

dm325723
Star II
I am also having the same issue.I would like to know whether its a hardware issue or software as i still have my return window.

Vamp
Zen Master I
Just brought ROG PHONE 2... It's showing red tint on 0-40% brightness and grainy screen while using fingerprint sensor.... Is it normal with this device or it's just with this device only.... Red tint on grey screen and green grainy tint on white screen while using fingerprint scanner...

ferxo13
Star III
Vamp

Just brought ROG PHONE 2... It's showing red tint on 0-40% brightness and grainy screen while using fingerprint sensor.... Is it normal with this device or it's just with this device only.... Red tint on grey screen and green grainy tint on white screen while using fingerprint scanner...

View post
All of us has this issue with the red tint

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Forget the tint,Did anyone notice the front camera lag on rog 2 and also the shutter speed ,it is slow as hell,plss help me

Master
Star III
anjubunny123

Forget the tint,Did anyone notice the front camera lag on rog 2 and also the shutter speed ,it is slow as hell,plss help me

View post
For the shutter speed, disable the HDR function. It does take a lot of time to proceed. As for
Vamp

View post
Yes, it is normal that the display get a different color while using the finger print : there's a kind of flashlight under the screen that illuminate your finger and the whole screen. Nothing to be worried about; simply a light play under the glass.