This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ui stutters....worst experience

prashanth
Rising Star II
Look in the video when snapchat is open and i try to switch between apps the time required for it is like a 100$ phone and even in chrome so much lag.....ui is lagging too much after the new update...this is not the experience i was hoping for and after playinv games...if i press home button its getting struck for a while
And please dont tell me to reset for every problem i face in this phone i already did a reset twice for restart issue and now this....im really fed up with this phone after the android 10 update @Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS
35 REPLIES 35

prashanth
Rising Star II
2019-11-13-17-43-57.mp4
Anders_ASUS

Hey, chill 🙂

You do know people have weekends right? We normally don't reply on Saturdays and Sundays. Plus, there's a backlog on monday so in same cases, you will be replied on tuesday even though you posted late on a friday.

I have no idea why your phone is stuttering. There's clearly something wrong with it and I can't help to look at your crazy wallpaper. I'm not saying it's the cause but it certainly doesn't help. Have you played around with anything else? Tried some different launchers maybe?

You have to do some kind of reset. Finding the issue for your phone won't be easy so it's better to shoot wide and from the hip. But I'm not saying you need to factory reset, that's like using a bomb to get rid of the problem.

I want you to try resetting all your apps. You won't need to reinstall them like in a full reset but you will need to login again in every app.

Go to settings -> system -> reset options -> erase app preferences

If this doesn't help, then we need to log your phone to find out what is wrong. But before we do that, please remove all customizations you've made to your phone so we know they aren't to blame

View post
I did everything u asked but this is the situation
Still there are stutters.... it's not like its always getting struck but once its starts for some time the experience is just like in the video ....so laggy
Please help me out...i even stopped using live wallpaper, reset apps, reset app preferences and all

prashanth
Rising Star II
Revanth

I have been using android 10 in my Asus 6z from 3-4 days i found few issues and bugs that I'll mention in points

1. Battery consumption has been increased . My phone battery according to my usage i used to get it for 2 days but after updating to android 10 I'm getting it for a day itself.

2. Camera performance also has been changed but i didn't find it that better when compared to android 9.

3. Sometimes my phone takes a while to unlock but it was quite fast when it was in android 9

4. Phone has become little laggy and sometimes notification bar freezes for 3 seconds after locking and unlocking prevents that

5. Earphone which was provided to me in the box also stopped working after updating to android 10 but bluetooth earphones are working good . Wired earphones are not working when i plug in .

And few small bugs are there regarding phone performance please Asus team fix all these issues very soon . Please fix the issue with a good software update

Phone performance and bugs after updating to android 10
These people also seem to be having same issues that I'm facing

prashanth
Rising Star II
2019-11-13-21-40-00.mp4
See 3 stutters in 5 second video and imagine me using it day long ....please provide suggestion or do something cause I'm not the only one facing the issue and if factory reset is he only option I'll do that... it's not like i have a choice
But its a tedious process and i don't want to go through that again....as i mentioned before i had to reset for restart issue and I would really like to avoid doing that again if there is a way @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

sarathchandran1
Star III
Even i am also facing the UI stuttering ,lag is also there
When I press recent apps button home button lot of lags

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
prashanth

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/12916/phone-performance-and-bugs-after-updating-to-android-10

These people also seem to be having same issues that I'm facing

View post
These people are mainly talking about the fingerprint reader which is a separate issue
I don't know what to say except that we need to try a reset. I'm not experiencing stuttering on the same level as you. It might happen once and awhile but I haven't seen one single phone that hasn't stuttered on occasions.
@sarathchandran1005 are you saying your phone only stutters after you've pressed one of these buttons? I guess you have the same experience if you change to gesture navigation? Can you please record your screen and show this behaviour?