This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Lock broken after Android 10 update

john_kissane
Star III
Hello, looks like Smart Lock has some problems since the update to Android 10. My phone no longer stays unlocked when I'm at home or work & appears that the onbody detection isn't working either.
Can anyone confirm if this just my phone or a general bug?
27 REPLIES 27

john_kissane
Star III
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/27310#Comment_27310

I would recommend removing and re-adding your desired locations. When I changed Android phones, it remembered some devices/locations and forgot others, and has had no issues after I manually re-entered Smart Lock info.

View post
One of the first things I tried. There's no way to disable location services for Play Services as far as I can see so probably not that.
GEVUZQPKPTOK.jpg

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
john.kissane

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/27332#Comment_27332

One of the first things I tried. There's no way to disable location services for Play Services as far as I can see so probably not that.

GEVUZQPKPTOK.jpg

View post
I'm sorry, I didn't explain what I meant clearly. In Settings>Security and lock screen>Smart Lock> I manually deleted/edited the locations I had saved, and it worked well for me after that.

john_kissane
Star III
Yes that's exactly what I did, sorry if that wasn't clear. Forgetting about the places, the onbody detection equally seems to have stopped working. It's not the end of the world obviously just something that was working fine before the update to 10.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I

john.kissane

Yes that's exactly what I did, sorry if that wasn't clear. Forgetting about the places, the onbody detection equally seems to have stopped working. It's not the end of the world obviously just something that was working fine before the update to 10.

View post
OK understood. I'll log this one for the software team to chew on as well.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
@john.kissane
The software team is requesting a log of your phone for more info. I'll send you a PM.