Star II
Please tell us some basic information before ask
screenshot-20221126-181419-asus-launcher.jpg
screenshot-20221126-181422-asus-launcher.jpg

1. Model Name : ROG 6
2. Firmware Version : 32.2810.2210.220
3. Rooted or not : No
4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
I'm from Indonesia & using XL 4G. Help please, i'm facing the same issue, everytime im on the outside, signal is always on EDGE and sometimes no internet connection, rarely get the 4G+ and when it comes the 4G+ the connection is very2 slow like its on the EDGE.. Already go to the network provider and trying the simcard into another phone and it says that the simcard is normal. It is annoyed me like the phone is really2 useless, cant even stream spotify.

22 REPLIES 22

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hello @abimanyuuu20
I forgot the first thing to do on a problem like yours, go to SYSTEM, reset option and reset WIFI, mobile data with the SIM in place and reboot your phone.

abimanyuuu20
Star II
FunBike31

In the two cities indicated, XL covers well in 4G, the sensitivity of the ROG 6 does not seem to me to be in question, moreover your 4G signal bars are full

The procedure given by @waxy78611 is good but not very useful without explanation lol. All the modifications made since this user are not kept after the boot, there is no risk

already this menu entry is not on the first page, you need to enter the first menu entry, phone information

you will find the choice on the line Define the type of preferred network, among all the acronyms only these are valid for the standards of your country (There is still an operator who uses CDMA but it is not XL), so ,

NR = 5G , no antenna in your city and 5G XL users in jarkata can be counted on the fingers of one hand, do not select 5G to save battery.

LTE = 4G, well covered in the two cities mentioned as well as 3G and 2G

WCDMA = 3G (UMTS)

GSM = 2G

Have you removed IpV6 in the APN?

You also have a ping test in this utility, do you "Pass" on the IPv4 and HTTP lines?

Can you execute this SMS sending to eliminate any doubts about the activation of 4G on your IMEI. If you do a test on the SIM2 you must also redo the test

https://www.xl.co.id/id/upgrade-4g-sim-card-sendiri

If nothing works, install this application, it will give essential information and if you have another phone it will be even better to diagnose what is wrong with the ROG6

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfolite&hl=en

View post
Hi again,
Already tried the #*#4636#*# to lock the Signal into 4G/LTE Only, the Signal showing 4G but I cannot stream anything. Sometimes it can stream, but it is very2 slow.
and for "You also have a ping test in this utility, do you "Pass" on the IPv4 and HTTP lines?" yes it is, its pas on the IPv4 and HTTP Lines.
Anyway, I tried going to the Asus service center. But when they checked the phone, they said the phone looked normal because it could stream etc. It is kind of weird since I'm experience this issue for a month & they already check the phone about 10-15 mins only. And then yes, after leaving the service center, the issue came back again & again

FunBike31

Hello @abimanyuuu20

I forgot the first thing to do on a problem like yours, go to SYSTEM, reset option and reset WIFI, mobile data with the SIM in place and reboot your phone.

View post
I have done this 3 times, I'm even factory reset the phone twice. But still it didn't solve the issue

abimanyuuu20
Star II
Please help @Mattias_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS, is this anything to do with the system update android 12? or is it defect problem on the phone? because if I bring the phone to service center. It needs 3-5 working days just to "CHECK" and around 14 working days if it needs to change the parts. Can't imagine 14 days without phone.

Mattias_ASUS
abimanyuuu20

Please help @Mattias_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS, is this anything to do with the system update android 12? or is it defect problem on the phone? because if I bring the phone to service center. It needs 3-5 working days just to "CHECK" and around 14 working days if it needs to change the parts. Can't imagine 14 days without phone.

View post
Hello!
I will send the question forward to the R&D Team 🙂

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Do you have Network Cell info-lite installed, if so can you post screens Gauge, speed, raw, map and device+sim
abimanyuuu20

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/239182#Comment_239182

Hi again,

Already tried the #*#4636#*# to lock the Signal into 4G/LTE Only, the Signal showing 4G but I cannot stream anything. Sometimes it can stream, but it is very2 slow.

and for "You also have a ping test in this utility, do you "Pass" on the IPv4 and HTTP lines?" yes it is, its pas on the IPv4 and HTTP Lines.

Anyway, I tried going to the Asus service center. But when they checked the phone, they said the phone looked normal because it could stream etc. It is kind of weird since I'm experience this issue for a month & they already check the phone about 10-15 mins only. And then yes, after leaving the service center, the issue came back again & again

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/239197#Comment_239197

I have done this 3 times, I'm even factory reset the phone twice. But still it didn't solve the issue

View post