Star II
Please tell us some basic information before ask
screenshot-20221126-181419-asus-launcher.jpg
screenshot-20221126-181422-asus-launcher.jpg

1. Model Name : ROG 6
2. Firmware Version : 32.2810.2210.220
3. Rooted or not : No
4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
I'm from Indonesia & using XL 4G. Help please, i'm facing the same issue, everytime im on the outside, signal is always on EDGE and sometimes no internet connection, rarely get the 4G+ and when it comes the 4G+ the connection is very2 slow like its on the EDGE.. Already go to the network provider and trying the simcard into another phone and it says that the simcard is normal. It is annoyed me like the phone is really2 useless, cant even stream spotify.

22 REPLIES 22

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Indonesia is very large and except for Jakarta, which is well covered in 4G by XL, there is a huge White zone, so a lot of 2G and 3G coverage by XL, Telkomsel covers all of Indonesia much better in 4G/5G, at least that is what the analysis tools show.
Indicate the name of your city, this will help to better diagnose if it is a coverage problem, the ROG6 is a shitty sensitivity like the rog5 or just an APN problem
The specialty of ASUS being to break the APN and to cause problems in Ipv6, have you checked point by point the APN and MMS with these data.
do not hesitate to manually recreate the APNs and MMS and to delete the old ones
If that doesn't work, you can also remove IpV6 on these 2 lines, just leave IPv4
IPv4/IPv6 APN Protocol
IPv4/IPv6 APN Roaming Protocol
https://www.apnarena.com/en/id/xl-axiata/#apn-settings-for-android

abimanyuuu20
Star II
FunBike31

Indonesia is very large and except for Jakarta, which is well covered in 4G by XL, there is a huge White zone, so a lot of 2G and 3G coverage by XL, Telkomsel covers all of Indonesia much better in 4G/5G, at least that is what the analysis tools show.

Indicate the name of your city, this will help to better diagnose if it is a coverage problem, the ROG6 is a shitty sensitivity like the rog5 or just an APN problem

The specialty of ASUS being to break the APN and to cause problems in Ipv6, have you checked point by point the APN and MMS with these data.

do not hesitate to manually recreate the APNs and MMS and to delete the old ones

If that doesn't work, you can also remove IpV6 on these 2 lines, just leave IPv4

IPv4/IPv6 APN Protocol

IPv4/IPv6 APN Roaming Protocol

https://www.apnarena.com/en/id/xl-axiata/#apn-settings-for-android

View post
Hi FunBike31,

First of all, thanks for the info.
--------------
I live in Bogor, and worked in Jakarta, I do have try to change the APN Settings & delete the old ones, but still it doesn't solved the problems. Even when I'm in Jakarta, I cannot play any games or using other Apps since there's no internet connection. This is so stressful & annoyed me very much, been waiting the phone (pre order) for more than 1 month, and when it comes it doesn't worked properly. My old phones Samsung S10+ did not have this kind of problems with my sim card. And so your point is "The ROG6 is a shitty sensitivity like the rog5 or just an APN problem". I am just curious are there ROG 6 users also experience this, specially in Indonesia/Jakarta? or its just that my phone have a defect with the sim card tray?

waxy78611
Zen Master I
abimanyuuu20

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/238812#Comment_238812

Hi FunBike31,

First of all, thanks for the info.

--------------

I live in Bogor, and worked in Jakarta, I do have try to change the APN Settings & delete the old ones, but still it doesn't solved the problems. Even when I'm in Jakarta, I cannot play any games or using other Apps since there's no internet connection. This is so stressful & annoyed me very much, been waiting the phone (pre order) for more than 1 month, and when it comes it doesn't worked properly. My old phones Samsung S10+ did not have this kind of problems with my sim card. And so your point is "The ROG6 is a shitty sensitivity like the rog5 or just an APN problem". I am just curious are there ROG 6 users also experience this, specially in Indonesia/Jakarta? or its just that my phone have a defect with the sim card tray?

View post
Go to dialer, type in*#*#4636#*#*
Then from the drop down select 4g only or 3g only so the phone only locks into 4g or 3g, see if it works. Let us know on here if it works

FunBike31
Community Legend I
In the two cities indicated, XL covers well in 4G, the sensitivity of the ROG 6 does not seem to me to be in question, moreover your 4G signal bars are full
The procedure given by @waxy78611 is good but not very useful without explanation lol. All the modifications made since this user are not kept after the boot, there is no risk

already this menu entry is not on the first page, you need to enter the first menu entry, phone information

you will find the choice on the line Define the type of preferred network, among all the acronyms only these are valid for the standards of your country (There is still an operator who uses CDMA but it is not XL), so ,

NR = 5G , no antenna in your city and 5G XL users in jarkata can be counted on the fingers of one hand, do not select 5G to save battery.
LTE = 4G, well covered in the two cities mentioned as well as 3G and 2G
WCDMA = 3G (UMTS)
GSM = 2G

Have you removed IpV6 in the APN?
You also have a ping test in this utility, do you "Pass" on the IPv4 and HTTP lines?

Can you execute this SMS sending to eliminate any doubts about the activation of 4G on your IMEI. If you do a test on the SIM2 you must also redo the test
https://www.xl.co.id/id/upgrade-4g-sim-card-sendiri

If nothing works, install this application, it will give essential information and if you have another phone it will be even better to diagnose what is wrong with the ROG6
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfolite&hl=en