Star I
System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Can get HDR to work fine on the device but It gets turn off when connected to my 4K HDR Monitor using HDMI. Can't fine anything in the manual regarding HDR use externally Not sure if its the HDMI cable or simply that the HDMI port can't do 4K HDR. Don't really want to purchase another HDMI cable nor a USB/Thunderbolt to DP/Hdmi cable/adapter if it won't help.

Anybody know if HDR is possible on an external display and what I'd need to buy?
9 REPLIES 9

Falcon_ASUS
drayco31
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Can get HDR to work fine on the device but It gets turn off when connected to my 4K HDR Monitor using HDMI. Can't fine anything in the manual regarding HDR use externally Not sure if its the HDMI cable or simply that the HDMI port can't do 4K HDR. Don't really want to purchase another HDMI cable nor a USB/Thunderbolt to DP/Hdmi cable/adapter if it won't help.

Anybody know if HDR is possible on an external display and what I'd need to buy?

How to get HDR on an external display on ASUS ZenBook Flip UX363EA
@drayco31
May I ask what is the model of the monitor you are connecting via HDMI?
Thank you.

drayco31
Star I
Asus PG43UQ
Wow model name too short to leave just that as a comment so I had to bloat the response lol

Falcon_ASUS
drayco31

Asus PG43UQ

Wow model name too short to leave just that as a comment so I had to bloat the response lol

View post
@drayco31
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[LCD Monitor] How to enable Windows HDR function | Official Support | ASUS GlobalThank you.

drayco31
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/234301#Comment_234301

@drayco31

Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1046134/

Thank you.

View post
Thanks but that wasa NOT my question. How to get HDR to work on an external Display. I'd be pretty stupid if I spent soo much money on 43" 4k 144hz HDR display over a year ago and not figured out how to turn HDR on in windows. Not to mention I said I can get HDR to work but it gets toggled of only when connected to my external monitor. If I had no idea how to use HDR how exactly would I even know it gets toggled off?
The issue is with the zenbook. Either the HDMI port, Cable or Zenbook doesn't support 4K HDR. Since writing this I've tried my PS5 HDMI cable that can do 4K HDR @120fps/hz and the issue is the same. So that leaes the issue being the HDMI port on the Zenbook, the Zenbook itself or it can do 4k HDR externally using a Thunderbolt port which means I'd need a thunderbolt to DP/HDMI cable/adapter. I'd rather not buy something only to return it if it does not work because the Zenbook it's can't do 4K HDR externally hence the question.