This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 navigation buttons

Crimis
Rising Star I

I Just received my ZenFone 9 and I always set my Android navigation to "classic" mode. So the three buttons instead of the gestures.
The only problem is I often have to tap the home button 3-5 times now before it's activated. Do more users have this issue or could this be a hardware defect?

Edit: I already figured it out with help of some developer options, it looks like the touch screen is working just fine but the touch area for all 3 navigation buttons is way too small. I have made a screen recording to show the problem.

37 REPLIES 37

Hila
Star II
Mansi_ASUS

Hey,

Did you make any changes to the display size, because if you reduce the display size, it will also affect the size of the navigation bar.

To rectify this issue go to the settings>Accessibility>Text and display>Display and font size

View post
No changes has been made, the area at the sides is just too small and it is hard to press the buttons.
Mansi_ASUS

Thanks for bringing this to our notice, we'll look into it.

View post
Thank you

jeremy6652
Star III
Any update on this? I also often "miss" the buttons. Never had any problems on other phones
I think the visual size of the buttons is fine but the touch area of the buttons should be extended all the way to the bottom of the screen.
Or really just make the touch area the same size as the button is visually...

edstrom
Star II
I have this issue also. I usually touch BELOW the navigation bar buttons - but that does not register the "clicks". Very annoying on such a masterpiece of a phone.
Please improve this. 🫶

Ace2099
Star III
Yeah, the same issue occurs on my zenfone 9 device as well, unfortunately.
@Mansi_ASUS has the dev team or the product owner been notified of this unpleasant UI issue?

Thank you

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @sebiteen96!
Yes, the issue has been reported to the R&D team.