This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 navigation buttons

Crimis
Rising Star I

I Just received my ZenFone 9 and I always set my Android navigation to "classic" mode. So the three buttons instead of the gestures.
The only problem is I often have to tap the home button 3-5 times now before it's activated. Do more users have this issue or could this be a hardware defect?

Edit: I already figured it out with help of some developer options, it looks like the touch screen is working just fine but the touch area for all 3 navigation buttons is way too small. I have made a screen recording to show the problem.

37 REPLIES 37

Hila
Star II
+1, same here...the navigation bar is to small, always missing the buttons and have to press it several times.
Please make it bigger so it will be more accessible and easy to navigate.
Thank you

Mansi_ASUS
Hey,
Did you make any changes to the display size, because if you reduce the display size, it will also affect the size of the navigation bar.
To rectify this issue go to the settings>Accessibility>Text and display>Display and font size

Crimis
Rising Star I
Yes, but the issue is the same with bigger text and display size. Basically it should not be possible to misclick the buttons on the bottom side. I have tested this with my Pixel 5 and Samsung S21, it's impossible to press below the buttons without activating them on these phones.

Mansi_ASUS
Thanks for bringing this to our notice, we'll look into it.

Gabrieltg
Rising Star I
I do not have any problem.
It works very well.