cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 screen graininess

gagaboom
Star II
Hi,
Does anyone else's screen look a bit grainy after the update. When you hold a button or something that has a fill animation from black to a color, it has an effect similar to how the back of the phone looks (if that makes any sense). Is this intentional or is my screen defective?

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: no root
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

14 REPLIES 14

Crimis
Rising Star I
Yes i noticed it too, especially with grey tinted backgrounds. Like when you pull down the notification area. It also gets worse with higher refresh rates.
Probably has something to do with the quality/calibration of the screen.

jeremy6652
Star III
I have also noticed this, though I haven't received any update yet and am still on 32.2004.2004.59. So this wasn't caused by an update.

Mansi_ASUS
Hey! Thanks for sharing the information. We have forwarded the issue to the R&D department.

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @gagaboom,
I heard back from the R&D team, and in order for them to find a solution to your problem, you have to provide the following:
1. Refresh rate of the device? (System Settings > Display > Screen Refresh Rate)
2. Brightness value of the environment when the problem occurs?
You can launch the calculator App and enter .12345+= to activate the SMMI test, select Single Test>Light Sensor Test.
Also, it'd help if you can take a video so that they can confirm the problem.