This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Reliable Fingerprint Unlock Hack!

Ronzky321
Star III
Hey guys. I know Asus messed up with the .113 update. But at least I discovered something good and I challenge you guys to confirm it.
We all know the Zenfone doesn't have the best figerprint sensor. Especially for me coming from Moto 20 Edge Pro (side mounted FP) where the slightest touch unlocks the screen.
Going back to the hack... During FP registration, turn the phone UPSIDE DOWN and proceed to scan your preferred finger.
Of course when unlocking, the phone should be the right side up. Hahaha.
Please report/comment your experience here with my hack. It actually worked for me REALLY well. I even have the Invisible Shield silicon screen protector.
8 REPLIES 8

landsome
Rising Star II
I tried it and it works well - but I am not sure it is faster. I have ordered a thin plastic screen protector. If it works with that on, it would be great.

Ronzky321
Star III
landsome

I tried it and it works well - but I am not sure it is faster. I have ordered a thin plastic screen protector. If it works with that on, it would be great.

View post
Well, technicnally if it works every time, you can be able to access your phone "faster," right? 😁

landsome
Rising Star II
Ronzky321

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/224033#Comment_224033

Well, technicnally if it works every time, you can be able to access your phone "faster," right? 😁

View post
The point is it worked every time before the trick - though not with a screen protector. I will get New one soon and see.

mattle
Star II
Gave it a try, made no difference. Only recognizes FP occasionally. I keep using the phone with face unlock, which is working ok.