This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 6, another hard pass.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Aight so I already talked with people who bought the phone and it seems all ASUS's ressoruces went to the Zenfone 9. The Rog6 is already a huge dissapointment, even when compared to the Rog6.
1.) Camera quality despite superior lens is on average worse. This is due to the fact that the IMX686 has had tons of time to develop and get optimized via software. So this could get better over time.
2.) The rog 6 is similair to the Rog5 when it comes to bugs.
3.) Speakers are an extreme dissapointment, lack of bass and generally just bad quality. Most consumer phones are superior.
4.) small downgrades here and there (micrphone, dac etc.), doesn't really mean much in terms of experience, but is a problem if price stays the same, which it does. If you're gonna go downgrade on stuff, you need to either change price or put good stuff somewhere else, such as actually good fingerprint.
5.) Fingeprint is as awful as Rog5, if you have smudgy fingers you can't unlock anything.
6.) Due to same dumb design, phone is fragile as hell.
7.) Same extremely dumb cooling system that relies on an external cooler. Using the phone without cooler is a recipe for dead brick if ASUS doesnt change their thermal management.
8.) Performance is good if you use the phone with active cooler, even without the cooler it performs great, however it gets way to hot. This will be handled like the Rog5, where they throttle the hell out of it without cooler trough updates.
9.) Battery drain is massive, in demanding games like genshin we look at 1.5-2hours gameplay at best.
Honestly it's extremely hard to recomment the Rog6 over the competition, especially red magic and lenovo Y90. I had high hopes for this one, but got shattered.
Well you know what they say right? 7 = lucky number. Also the gen2 finally seems like a true next gen chip with much better efficiency. Please ASUS, don't mess up the Rog7.
52 REPLIES 52

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
The reason i bitch and moan isnt because I'm some hater, but because I know ASUS can pull it off and I know that if the community shouts loudly enough ASUS will eventually comply and create the true Rog Phone 3 successor we all are waiting for.

thirty
Star II
ROG's software and customizability is absolutely amazing. I'm happy to wait for the next one.
The RedMagic with good software would be a no brainer but that's where they suck and I also need it as a daily driver. I'm just used to phones that e.g. tell me who's calling.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
thirty

ROG's software and customizability is absolutely amazing. I'm happy to wait for the next one.

The RedMagic with good software would be a no brainer but that's where they suck and I also need it as a daily driver. I'm just used to phones that e.g. tell me who's calling.

View post
Thats usually where the black shark comes in, decent software and good hardware. Sadly they don't support their devices as well on the global versions.

thirty
Star II

Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/221861#Comment_221861

Thats usually where the black shark comes in, decent software and good hardware. Sadly they don't support their devices as well on the global versions.

View post
For me it's missing the phone jack and the side usb port. Also only the pro has hdmi out and the pro is just way too expensive for not even having the "+" chip. Besides that it also gets really hot without cooler. But then it's also not available in my country.
If Lenovo would finally decide to go global, that would be a tough for all others.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
thirty

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/221863#Comment_221863

For me it's missing the phone jack and the side usb port. Also only the pro has hdmi out and the pro is just way too expensive for not even having the "+" chip. Besides that it also gets really hot without cooler. But then it's also not available in my country.

If Lenovo would finally decide to go global, that would be a tough for all others.

View post
According to leaks the global version will come out and be named "lenovo legion 3"

And i have to agree there, it looks very sexy on paper.