waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've used the Rog 6 for about 1 week, here's my review so far.

1. Battery life is amazing. Noticeably better than the Rog 5, maybe around 10 -15% better.
2. The speakers are good but missing the punchy bass compared to the Rog 5. Maybe it can be improved with a software update? I don't know because apparently the speaker hardware is significantly different to the Rog 5
3. Temperature is noticeably higher than the Rog 5. It's not majorly different but still noticeabe. For example, with normal use like texting web browsing, my rog 5 goes to maximum 31 degrees, the Rog 6 goes to approx 34-35 degrees (same room temperature, same environment temperature)
4. For some odd reason, settings made with app battery settings (restricting background apps) get reverted if you restart the phone. This bug was also present with A12 on ROG 5
5. The phone is super fast & smooth, no lag or stutter.
6. Call quality is brilliant.
7. A12 takes some getting used to, the whole UI is different. I would much prefer A12 on the Rog 6 but sadly A12 is the absolute minimum you can have as the software.
8. Camera quality is OK. Nothing special.
9. Charging speed is amazing. Charges very fast.
10. Signal strength is solid. 3g/4g is blazing fast. Haven't tried 5g as not in a 5g area.

Overall, a decent experience but definitely doesn't feel like a complete phone. More software updates are definitely needed but even still, the bugs present should have been ironed out before release. The speakers definitely need to be atleast on the same level as ROG 5 or at the very least better. The temperature needs some adjusting too.
Do not go for the Tencent edition with global ROM installed, you will be left with a permanent "hardware stub" notification which will show a warning about incorrect OS. Can't be removed no matter what. If you're going to buy this phone, buy the one that matches your region. Even still, wait until the aforementioned bugs have been fixed. This phone has potential but as things stand, it needs some improvements.
48 REPLIES 48

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I'm not going to spend more time on audio, comparing qualcomm and ESS technology DACs is laughable. In addition I did not mention the speakers, for me it's just good for playing, music is Headphones or Hi-Fi speakers

Regarding sensitivity, point 6 and 10, call quality and signal strength, this has nothing to do with a bottleneck.
To compare a phone at 200 € and even less on this point I know how to do and I have several, currently I have -80db on the Moto G5 and 7, -82db S21 same location and operator -95db with the Rog6
Up to 10 neighboring antennas detected with G7, G5 and S21
an Antenna and from time to time a second immediately lost with the Rog 5 and that in the center of Toulouse.
On Wifi, at 2m there is a difference of 10db
I have never had a telephone since 1991 with Alcatel 9109HA, which forces me to spend 3 to 5 times a day in airplane mode to recover operational telephone service.

@waxy78611
If you still have Rog 5 compare it to 6 with Network Call info lite

waxy78611
Zen Master I
FunBike31

I'm not going to spend more time on audio, comparing qualcomm and ESS technology DACs is laughable. In addition I did not mention the speakers, for me it's just good for playing, music is Headphones or Hi-Fi speakers

Regarding sensitivity, point 6 and 10, call quality and signal strength, this has nothing to do with a bottleneck.

To compare a phone at 200 € and even less on this point I know how to do and I have several, currently I have -80db on the Moto G5 and 7, -82db S21 same location and operator -95db with the Rog6

Up to 10 neighboring antennas detected with G7, G5 and S21

an Antenna and from time to time a second immediately lost with the Rog 5 and that in the center of Toulouse.

On Wifi, at 2m there is a difference of 10db

I have never had a telephone since 1991 with Alcatel 9109HA, which forces me to spend 3 to 5 times a day in airplane mode to recover operational telephone service.

@waxy78611

If you still have Rog 5 compare it to 6 with Network Call info lite

View post
I just wrote a detailed response to danish blunt but zentalk didn't upload 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦
In a nutshell, don't buy the Rog 6. I'm returning mine. It needs work done to it. As things stand, the Rog 5 running A11is better than the Rog 6.
Regarding speakers, the bass sounds artificial on rog 6 compared to Rog 5. I play one song to rest bass. At certain increments of the song, bass can be heard easily on the rog 5 but can't be heard at all on rog 6 unless you put the Rog 6 next to your ear. I've tried audio wizard but no luck.
What's network call info lite?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
screenshot-20220726-161044638.jpg
screenshot-20220726-162304207.jpg
A serious utility to analyze the quality of the 3-5G network, wifi, where the antenna is where you are connected and the others (map, it is especially useful in map mode in an uncovered area if you have to make a call urgent to get closer to an antenna), also precise on the down/upload jitter ping .

Indispensable to compare several tel and operator and of course to detect anomalies like this Screen Noise or this p.t..n of rog 5 is unable to see the 8-9 other antennas and therefore to cling to the best when you move.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@FunBike31
I hate to break it to you but we only talked about the speakers, then you write "2.)" which means you adress out point 2 which was the speakers and suddenly you start talking about the dac.
The fact you think ESS Dac is somehow vastly superior to qualcoms dac is concerning to say the least. The reason why the Rog5 is good but not great is simply because its not very well tuned. Most audiophiles will choose sonys tuned qualcom dac over Rog5 ESS sabre thrown in dac. If you had a real audiophile phone you'd know the massive difference from thrown in dac vs properly tuned one. Try an xpera phone and compare to your Rog5 and tell me with a straight face the rog5 is superior. Also if you want to experience god tier audiophile wet dream, find a vivo xplay6 or 5.
Also quoting random signal strenghts is pointless, without quoting the other data. If your signal strenght is better but quality is worse, it results in worse results. It is however a little surprising that your rog5 is that much worse in signal strenght.
@waxy78611 Yeah the forum is a little poopoo at times. If you write longer texts, always refrain from quoting the direct message and instead tag with an "@", that usually dodged the approval detection.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@Danishblunt
I'm sorry, it's so rare that I listen to music through the speakers that each time I compare my references with what the jack allows.
I had the opportunity to listen to sony, it was not bad but nothing more, difficult to compare them because it dates back a few years and at the time nothing was worth a good walkman with good headphones.
When an Xplay5 and 6 a colleague still has the 6, I agree with you but for your information, the audio of the 5 was equipped with a Dac TI and the 6 by ESS technology.
Only the first 2 Asus Firmware really took advantage of the ESS chipset and if you followed the discussion mid 2021, strangely, the quality was degraded and never really recovered after the death of many speakers.
Recent experience (2 days), impossible to compare with the Rog6 because it is not in stores, the Black Shark 5pro is on the contrary present, all users who attach importance to the speakers should listen to it, I think that they will leave with a few less Euros/Dollards... in their wallets