cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook 14 Duo won't boot

DarthKaze
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both (Can't take out battery)
Model: UX482 EA
Frequency of occurrence: "crashed" three times, won't start since
Reset OS: not possible
Screenshot or video: see comment
========================
Detailed description:
Hey there,
got a fairly new UX482 EA (less than 2 months old) and I'm having some issues with it.
At first some keyboards keys weren't working properly so I sent it in for repair. Got a keyboard replacement but started to notice "clicking noises" when the Laptop was turned on. Probably because of thermal expansion or whatever is what I thought (in my opinion the clicking came from the keyboard).
Luckily I contacted customer support about the clicking earlier and took a video of the it. But apparently I can't post the link since I'm too new to the forum.
Yesterday, for the first time the laptop just went blank. Both screens dark, but the power led was still up.
Pressed the power buttons for a few seconds, waited til it shut off and rebooted.
Today it happened again. Pressed the power button, this time it didn't work instantly tho. The laptop was kinda stuck. After holding and releasing thr power button the led went on instantly again but the system wasn't booting or anything. Took me a few tries but then it actually worked. Checked the windows event logs but nothing in there.
Approximately 10 minutes later of usual usage it happened again. This is a few hours ago now and I can't get it to run anymore. Right now its just sitting on my desk with the power led on.
When I keep holding the power button, the led goes off until I releae the button again. After releasing it, the led goes straight back on. At the moment I can't get it to stay turned off.
While the led is on, the notebook seems to make some noises. Nothing unusual. As if it was running smoothly/idling (electric current noise?!?)
I tried various fixxes from the internet, nothing so far.
Hooked up a monitor via usb-c and hdmi. Absolutely nothing.
So yeah. Can't use it at all right now, but at least the clicking is gone... gotta stay positive I guess 😄
I'm gonna get in touch with customer support asap but I just wanted to know if any of you guys have the slightest clue what the problem might be.
Cheers!
8 REPLIES 8

DarthKaze
Star I
Unfortunately I wasn't even able to get into the bios, since it wasn't even booting properly.
Taking out the ram wasn't an option. I would've had to open it to do so, voiding the warranty. And the ram is soldered onto the mainboard afaik.
The repair center switched out the mainboard.
Today I should get it back. Kinda curious if the "clicking" will have disappeared as well. When I asked them what caused the issues (not booting and the clicking), the just told me it was the mainboard.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
DarthKaze

Unfortunately I wasn't even able to get into the bios, since it wasn't even booting properly.

Taking out the ram wasn't an option. I would've had to open it to do so, voiding the warranty. And the ram is soldered onto the mainboard afaik.

The repair center switched out the mainboard.

Today I should get it back. Kinda curious if the "clicking" will have disappeared as well. When I asked them what caused the issues (not booting and the clicking), the just told me it was the mainboard.

View post
after getting your laptop, check all things, like booting , logging into windows , playing audio , connecting Bluetooth, connecting wifi , connecting LAN , working keyboard etc.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
@DarthKaze let us know how the repair went. I had a motherboard replacement a while back and everything has been running smoothly since then, I hope you have a similarly fortunate experience!

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.