ROG 5 Joke performance even after the latest update .226

Comments

• MT0MT0 Level 2
    edited February 25

and I suggest also going to liyue city and walk around the city at the current temp and see the fps perforamance .

• Oh, and you do?

Please enlighten us.

The reason you are seeing high CPU frequency jump around in your video is because you are running a recording software while playing the game. And I can see that your temperature is below 40C. I think that you didn't even bother to read my previous comments before commenting nonsense. Try playing the game above 42C.

And I can see that your FPS is dropping as low as 30 FPS even on medium settings which is pathetic from just exploring the area. I play on the the highest settings with everything set to max and 60 FPS and I get constant 60 FPS except in a big fights with 4 or 5 enemies at once which could drop my FPS to 40.

If you think that you are getting the full performance than I am sorry to tell you that you are wrong.

It could also be that ROG 5 Ultimate is not affected or you have a game scenario profile for Genshin. Try setting the performance mode to "Same as System settings" and see how much FPS you get.

• Yes For heavy games xmode is really useless now and we see downgrading performance but if you tried using advance mode the performance is still the same

• But only 1 time I reach 27fps the rest the lowest is 34

• I have already seen your videos and it looks like you don't know what you are talking about.

Your FPS is dropping as low as 30 FPS and it's all over the place.

And no, Advanced Mode, X-Mode, Dynamic, Game Tuning Level 3 and Hardcore Tuning are all clocking at the same speed. There is no increase in performance or CPU clock speed when you activate them.

The only workaround was Advanced Hardcore Tuning but with the latest update .226 they started downgrading the performance even worse. It starts thermal throttling at 42C and downclock the CPU to 1.42GHz when before I have no issues playing over 55C and still get the same performance.

Since 55C is considered extremely hot I decided to get a peltier cooler and my temps never exceeded 48C even when playing for 2 or 3 hours with Max settings but now they have made the phone useless as the phone starts thermal throttling at 42C so coolers are useless to use with this phone now. You'll never get the same performance like it use to.

• MT0MT0 Level 2
    edited February 26

can't accept the truth huh alright I won't I force you to change you're mind it's your phone you're freely to believe 34 fps is a good fps on med settings the fact you have a rog 5 ultimate phone which is within your standard

• Jaga LilinJaga Lilin Level 1
    edited February 25

Noo my phone is basic one 8/128 that AnTuTu fault

34 fps is not my highest and my settings is everything is medium except resolution I set it high

did you ever tried to tweak your advance mode??

• meanwhile 60fps on my Rog3 with custom kernel *laughing like a maniac*

• Lol thank you cause of this thread I tried to max out almost everything in the profile and get 60 fps at highest 🤣🤣🤣 although it will reach 50°C after I played only 5, minutes without any cooler (lol I never gonna use this profile without cooler)

• I'll exchange it for my rog 5, the active Cooler, the charger and even the 2-year warranty until July 2023

You should know that

Appearance New, but it only charges with the ASUS charger since .151, (there is hope, recognized by ASUS and planned correction, when ????

you have to activate-deactivate Airplane mode 4-5 times a day to recover the data

no VolLTE on most carriers

it runs RR3 between 2 re-installations, RR4 will be the big surprise

CS mobile and Wild Rift it's a big adventure , like Surfing, one shot up the wave 60 fps, one shot down 20 fps

Preferably play at the north pole

Otherwise, if you are a writer / novelist and produce a lot of loose leaf, it can be useful.

If you want to resell it and come across an interested Pokemon player, he puts it in your face because he can't use poke genius or Calcy IV if pokemon is in Armory Create. even his Wiko does that

Of course, but you know, it is forbidden to put it in a pocket

There is no SD card, it's useless for a player, but a nice RGB on the back, you have to play in front of a mirror of course

that's not all, but hey, we have to stop

• I have no interest in owning a Rog5 due to the hardware issues and even features. As a person that plays PC games on my 240hz monitor and high FPS games, having a motion chip is a massive turn off. Maybe one day I'll get donated a Rog5 and can then go ahead and fix the crappy performance and investigate how to fix it from the software side. It won't fix the borked wifi but I'm quite sure I can get thermals down by a lot and up the performance quite easily.

• I have already seen your videos and it looks like you don't know what you are talking about.

Your FPS is dropping as low as 30 FPS and it's all over the place.

And no, Advanced Mode, X-Mode, Dynamic, Game Tuning Level 3 and Hardcore Tuning are all clocking at the same speed. There is no increase in performance or CPU clock speed when you activate them.

The only workaround was Advanced Hardcore Tuning but with the latest update .226 they started downgrading the performance even worse. It starts thermal throttling at 42C and downclock the CPU to 1.42GHz when before I have no issues playing over 55C and still get the same performance.

Since 55C is considered extremely hot I decided to get a peltier cooler and my temps never exceeded 48C even when playing for 2 or 3 hours with Max settings but now they have made the phone useless as the phone starts thermal throttling at 42C so coolers are useless to use with this phone now. You'll never get the same performance like it use to.

• MT0MT0 Level 2

that's why I let him be cuz at this point he hasn't proven anything 😂 and just eating his own statements, he even mention he can play genshin at 50fps to 60 fps yeah you can if your below 40c 😂like on the first vid he attach where you can clearly see he's temp is only at 38c to 39c claiming his phone is running normal but as soon it hit around 40c above you'' see the performance drop considering the fact his last vid going 30 fps to 40fps during combat which is not a good fps considering the fact he's settings on the game is not all max out and the rog 5 is running a snapdragon 888 😂

and do pls share again to us you're video and If we can see on you're vid that your can run the game at 60 fps at around 50c during intense combat maybe we can add that to our knowledge claiming if what you said is true🤨

• @Sarkiri "And no, Advanced Mode, X-Mode, Dynamic, Game Tuning Level 3 and Hardcore Tuning are all clocking at the same speed. There is no increase in performance or CPU clock speed when you activate them."

Do you mean the shown CPU clock speed is wrong and it doesn't actually achieve the displayed 2.84Ghz in game genie?

Because in my opinion I can change it precisely to whatever I want from ~0.8ghz to ~1ghz over ~1.4 GHz and so on all the way up to 2.84Ghz and it really changes the performance.

• Yes , that's exactly what we are telling. The cpu clock can't reach the desired speed as it should be

• MT0MT0 Level 2

just to make it clear it's only effected the vanilla version of the rog 5 series,

I don't think rog5 ultimate, rog5s , and rog5s pro are effected.

I can confirm this cuz my cousin's has rog 5s pro and use her phone and can still achieve the desire speed of the cpu up to 3.00ghz even if thermals goes up to 50c plus while playing genshin and still maintaining the clock speed 2.30 ghz when it thermal throttle. unlike on the classic rog 5 vanilla it locks the cpu to 1.08ghz when the thermals goes above 47c

that's the reason why were having huge fps drop while playing genshin impact.

• Like I said before, there is no increase in performance or CPU clock speed when you activate X-Mode, Dynamic, Advanced, Game Tuning Level 3 and Hardcore Tuning (set Thermal Limit, CPU, GPU and RAM to all High).

The only workaround to get the full performance and utilize the 2.84GHz CPU was through "Advanced Hardcore Tuning" which they have now taken away from us in .226 update. It is not longer working, your CPU will downclock to 1.42GHz when your system temperature reaches 42C even when you set the temperature limit to the max (6). So using a peltier cooler is even useless now since the temp goes up to 48C or 50C even with the cooler. You'll never the same performace.

Do you mean the shown CPU clock speed is wrong and it doesn't actually achieve the displayed 2.84Ghz in game genie?

I did not say the displayed 2.84GHz in Game Genie is wrong.

You can only achieve the full 2.84GHz performance with "Advanced Hardcore Tuning", what you are seeing when you are playing games or recording is not actual performance, the CPU clock will jump around a lot at that time and you'll see random 2.84GHz clock speed but what I am talking about is real performance of the CPU. When your temp reaches 42C it will downclock to 1.42GHz which was not the case before.

I am not saying I want to stay locked at 2.84GHz all the time. I want to use the full performance of the CPU as it should be. I want to use the X-Mode and X-Mode+ like before which use to lock my CPU clock speed at 2.38GHz when the temperature goes above 42C but never goes below 2.38GHz and I want to customize my own settings like it previously used to in hardcore settings.

This discussion has been closed.