Blosky
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 5
Firmware Version: ww_18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: No root
Frequency of Occurrence: Since today, 08/01/2022
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, i was in the last version (2112.200) using my phone today normally on youtube, then the sound stopped working, i closed youtube and opened it up again but still no sound, i played a music on Deezer and no sound either, i restarted the phone without luck either, i saw that there was a new update (2112.210) so i did the upgrade but i still have no sound. When on a call, the other person can hear me but i cant hear anything, when on speaker, the other person can't hear me.

It was working normally, ¿what happened and how can i fix it?
33 REPLIES 33

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
I'm having this issue as well. Audio works fine only when earphones are connected. Even the earpiece doesn't work. Any luck yet?

Nuggetsu
Star II
Model Name: Rog Phone 5 (16/256)
Firmware Version: ww_18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: No root
Frequency of Occurrence: Since 5 Feb 2022
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Same audio issue for my ROG 5. Did the .12345+= test, no dice either. Microphone seems to be working as the other end of calls can still hear me, but not vice versa. Bluetooth and headphone jack audio working fine. Only the phone's speakers are affected.
I tried rebooting the phone to safe mode and generally rebooting several times. A few attempts brought back the whoosh starting animation sound for a while, then nothing. There were a few times I managed to get the audio back from the speakers for a few seconds before it shuts off.
As a last resort and simply out of frustration I did a full factory reset as well, to no avail.
Please help.

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
Nuggetsu
  1. Model Name: Rog Phone 5 (16/256)
  2. Firmware Version: ww_18.0840.2112.210
  3. Rooted or not: No root
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Since 5 Feb 2022
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Same audio issue for my ROG 5. Did the .12345+= test, no dice either. Microphone seems to be working as the other end of calls can still hear me, but not vice versa. Bluetooth and headphone jack audio working fine. Only the phone's speakers are affected.

I tried rebooting the phone to safe mode and generally rebooting several times. A few attempts brought back the whoosh starting animation sound for a while, then nothing. There were a few times I managed to get the audio back from the speakers for a few seconds before it shuts off.

As a last resort and simply out of frustration I did a full factory reset as well, to no avail.

Please help.

View post
@rStar another one hits the dust 👆

rStar
Rising Star II
@ExodusCODM yeah this is so unfortunate. After paying for premium we are suffering like general.
features this phone provide amazes me. So I'm still hopeful. they can fix this via Feb update.

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
Blosky

So, still not a solution.

View post
Were you finally be able to get your speakers working? If yes, kindly tell how.