This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

musz8651
Star I
Hi all.

I just received my Zenfone 8 Flip (MFD 04.2021) a week ago. Sadly, im unaware of ramdump issue before purchase.. SMH.. would've picked up another phone if I knew..
Currently my firmware is 30.11.55.40 with 5th April Android security patch.
Should i update to the latest firmware version? My worries is that if i update then maybe i wont catch "ramdump", or is it even matter at all if I update or not?

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
musz8651

Hi all.

I just received my Zenfone 8 Flip (MFD 04.2021) a week ago. Sadly, im unaware of ramdump issue before purchase.. SMH.. would've picked up another phone if I knew..

Currently my firmware is 30.11.55.40 with 5th April Android security patch.

Should i update to the latest firmware version? My worries is that if i update then maybe i wont catch "ramdump", or is it even matter at all if I update or not?

View post
Ramdump is not a software issue, according to Asus. I believe them as software cannot realistically completely brick a device the way the permanent ramdump cases are. (There are also some temporary ramdumps that sometimes happen to people, similar to how you get a blue screen when windows crashes, a quick reboot and the phone is fine) I think most reports of temporary ramdumps were due to people installing LineageOS.
Also worth noting, from what I have seen, the phones that eventually brick into ramdump generally do so after 3-5 months of usage. So I would say enjoy the phone for that moment, just keep backups and if it bricks itself, get a replacement from Asus.
Something tells me that Ramdumps are not all that common is that Asus instead fixes the broken units instead of recalling them, which most likely means that there are not many affected and it is cheaper for them to just replace the affected units.
Since you are on April patch, I would strongly recommend you update your phone to get the latest security patch as it is very out of date. Also, Asus made lots of improvements to battery and heating in the last few months. I do not know if it applies to the Flip, but it was the case for the regular 8.

teaandtrout
Star I
I'm the latest unfortunate victim of the ramdump issue. Problem is, I'm traveling internationally and Asus won't service my phone in the US. Totally up a creek without a paddle. Heellllp Asus please.

teaandtrout
Star I
Ramdump 12-20-2021
Help Asus.

mr_deens
Rising Star I
teaandtrout

I'm the latest unfortunate victim of the ramdump issue. Problem is, I'm traveling internationally and Asus won't service my phone in the US. Totally up a creek without a paddle. Heellllp Asus please.

View post
How old is your phone? Guess I know about this after buying this phone and my phone MFD was 4/2021