cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone died with ramdump, other ROMs don't fix it either

theorangecat
Star I
Hi everyone,
I also got my phone dying with the ramdump issue. First, I had wifi disconnecting and reconnecting frequently (every 10 seconds or so). I tried resetting Wifi, resetting the entire phone, but with no fix for it.
I can reboot after a ramdump (clicking all 3 buttons for 10-15 seconds), but then it happens again. Tried updating to Android 12 dev but the flash script couldn't detect the device. Finally, tried LineageOS, which installed right, but then I had similar ramdump issues.
What should I do? The phone is quite new. 😭
11 REPLIES 11

Hornet331
Star I
theorangecat

So, the local Asus center, still over email, acknowledge that even if the Wifi problem is there since before I unlock and try Android 12/LineageOS, that still voids the warranty.

Quite anti-consumer all this. Just imagine if Dell or HP refuses to repair a PC for a hardware problem because the user installed another version of Windows or Linux.... Ridiculous.

View post
In the EU this is illigal, when the Device is bought within the EU the warranty can't be nullifyed by installing or unlocking the device.
If they refuse service within the warranty timelimit he can sue them.

theorangecat
Star I
Hornet331

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/196526#Comment_196526

In the EU this is illigal, when the Device is bought within the EU the warranty can't be nullifyed by installing or unlocking the device.

If they refuse service within the warranty timelimit he can sue them.

View post
I'm in the EU, and still they insists on this... Their communication is hectic, slow, and very short. For each email/reply I wait like 2 days before getting a one or two lines answer without any willingness to discuss or provide clear directions.
Never in my 15+ years using smartphone had I gotten a phone broken so quickly and so bad customer service on what they call a "premium" phone.

theorangecat
Star I
So I re-read the fine prints in their official "unlock app", and nothing states I lose warranty for a construction defect of the phone. And the link points to an absurd Warranty policy that I'm not sure it's legal in the EU actually ("(m) Unusability or damage to hardware of the product caused by installing and using any kind of the Unlock Device App, which is a utility that will unlock your product’s boot loader but will render the warranty null and void.").
How did us customers allow such things to happen ? We don't own our devices and companies sells us defect phones and refuse to honor repairs ?!
Unlock Device App
NOTICE:
Before you download, install, and use the Unlock Device App (“Service”), you understand that you need to take all risks in terms of quality and performance of the Service, including but not limited to: once you trigger the Service, you’re not able to recover your ASUS products to the original status at the time of manufacturing (“Original Product”) anymore. Original Products which is used with the Service (“Changed Product”) will no longer be regarded as the Original Products. The software updates will not be available to the Changed Product, and the digital content in the Changed Product may no longer be used. In addition, the software and hardware problems of your ASUS product caused by using the Service may not apply to your ASUS Warranty Information, please read ASUS Warranty Information of your ASUS product carefully on ASUS official website.(https://bacchus.asus.com/support/Article/1060/)

It is strongly recommended that do not trigger the Service before you fully understand the features and related regulations of the Service to avoid affecting your rights and interests of ASUS product.

By triggering the Service, you hereby acknowledge and agree the terms and conditions above and the ASUS Warranty Information.

Blumi
Rising Star II
theorangecat

So I re-read the fine prints in their official "unlock app", and nothing states I lose warranty for a construction defect of the phone. And the link points to an absurd Warranty policy that I'm not sure it's legal in the EU actually ("(m) Unusability or damage to hardware of the product caused by installing and using any kind of the Unlock Device App, which is a utility that will unlock your product’s boot loader but will render the warranty null and void.").

How did us customers allow such things to happen ? We don't own our devices and companies sells us defect phones and refuse to honor repairs ?!

Unlock Device App
NOTICE:
Before you download, install, and use the Unlock Device App (“Service”), you understand that you need to take all risks in terms of quality and performance of the Service, including but not limited to: once you trigger the Service, you’re not able to recover your ASUS products to the original status at the time of manufacturing (“Original Product”) anymore. Original Products which is used with the Service (“Changed Product”) will no longer be regarded as the Original Products. The software updates will not be available to the Changed Product, and the digital content in the Changed Product may no longer be used. In addition, the software and hardware problems of your ASUS product caused by using the Service may not apply to your ASUS Warranty Information, please read ASUS Warranty Information of your ASUS product carefully on ASUS official website.(https://bacchus.asus.com/support/Article/1060/)

It is strongly recommended that do not trigger the Service before you fully understand the features and related regulations of the Service to avoid affecting your rights and interests of ASUS product.

By triggering the Service, you hereby acknowledge and agree the terms and conditions above and the ASUS Warranty Information.

View post
Where in the eu are you located?

theorangecat
Star I