Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Mysterio
Rising Star I
Alghareeb

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/193881#Comment_193881

Unfortunately... You are right, i just lost it 😞 but we don't have service center here 😭 so i will wait till it fixes it self ir update

View post
Please don't wait for such miracles! Submit the phone as soon as possible to any Authorised asus service center for your sake. It confirmed that the issue can rectify only through the mother board change. I did it and the device working fine for the last one month. No issues faced till now.

umesh_vashisth9
Star II
Update to latest version : 18.0840.2111.196 and wifi and hot spot issue is still persists. i dont know what they are doing.
update info:-
1.updated android security patch 2021-11
2.fixed issue with profile icon colour in the about phone
3.fixed a freezing issue when sliding on certain web pages
4.fixed photos not deleted when using one handed mode in whats app
5.fixed an issue with the lighting armour case after connecting to game pad.
6.fixed an occasional issues with automatic shutdown when making calls in line.

BUT wifi issue not solved 😫

KhanStan
Star III
bhargavreddy.pondugula

I am too facing the same problem!! How senseless the update is!! We shouldn't be calling this phone smartphone from now on!! Buying this phone over oneplus9 has been on the biggest mistakes. Someone tell if there is a way to get this fix temporarily!!

View post
There is no software fix for this. You have to replace the motherboard in service center.

siam_phaipi
Star II
Yamini

Nothing can fix this issue except a new software update that fixes this wifi bug. And the service center will not provide any help because there is nothing they can do. They've confirmed that they can't roll the software back to its previous version.. all they'll do is keep moving your phone to the Noida and Bangalore service centers. The resolution of all the issues we are facing can be given only by the DEVELOPERS of this software and no one else. And that can happen only if ASUS's dev team visits this forum and believes that there are a lot of people who are truly facing this issue of their new software update release. And I'm not quite sure that it is going to happen anytime soon.

I have thoroughly read most of the issues on this forum and it looks like 9 out of every 10 users have a complain about the brand's software that whenever they release a new update to fix a buzz, the software ends up creating more bugs in the phone, let alone fix a previous one. All the phones of this brand have some or the other issue. I made a mistake of trusting the initial promotional videos of how great this gaming flagship phone is. But look at where we are now..

In my view, this brand should be abandonned.. it is best to switch to a better brand which promises better customer experience and support atleast.. I'm never going to buy an ASUS product ever again.

View post
Exactly, sold my ipad mini5 over this buggy phone. Regret it so much, wifi and hotspot useless after latest update 18.0840.2111.196 ASUS team wakeup and fix this issue ASAP

KillSwitch
Star III
KhanStan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180329#Comment_180329

There is no software fix for this. You have to replace the motherboard in service center.

View post
I would rather like to get a refund instead of getting motherboard replaced...going to register a complain in the consumer helpline